bengamin discovery rear sight

bengamin discovery rear sight

March 20th, 2012, 12:51 pm #1

I came into a lightly used disco 22cal. after playing around and shooting it as bit I seem to be having several of the problems I have read about.
1. shoots really low. groups well.
2. After removing the barrel band I noticed the barrel slowly tilts up at the muzzle.

So as I begin to do the mods listed in the forums. I want to replace the rear sight. I just dont like the factory one. Should have had 2 screws to keep the whole assembly centered?
With the sight jacked up as high as it is to get POA=POI looks bad and very little room left for any more adjustment.

take a bit of the transfer port and tighten the little allen under the bolt. While im at it I will add a power adjuster. I already did the 3 screw trigger job and help a lot there. Still dont like the plastic.

Im also looking for a replacement stock....this one fits me poorly. I like the gun overall and its actually more accurate than I expected. I paid short money for it and its like new so a little money into is no big deal.

March 23rd, 2012, 3:32 am #2

peep (aperature rear sight)...your front blade may be ok as is..

March 23rd, 2012, 11:20 pm #3

I have been looking for options. what model peep sight is a direct replacement ?

March 24th, 2012, 9:23 pm #4

a #64 Williams peep that is designed for the Sheridans. However, it requires some breech machining, drilling, and tapping. I'd think that the cheepest, and easiest to fit sight would be the Williams WGRS-54 Guide Receiver Peep Sight. I'm not exactly sure how well it will pair up with the front though.(ought to be close to correct)