Benchrest for FT shooters

Benchrest for FT shooters

ocx

December 25th, 2010, 1:09 pm #1

While I have never shot Field Target, there are cases where 50 yard shots are required and the ranging necessary to make that shot.

In that light, we have posted a 50 yard/meter target on usairriflebenchrest.com.
It is a .pdf file and is designed to be shot at 50 yards/meters. The X dot is .03125" and is a humbling experience for those of us that have become accustomed to high scores on the 25 meter target.

Shooting benchrest at this distance with a challenging target may be of some benefit for those looking to improve their skills and scores. Just a thought and Happy Holidays.

December 25th, 2010, 4:02 pm #2

besides blueberry, blackberry and huckleberry:-)

Wacky Wayne

ocx

December 25th, 2010, 4:18 pm #3

Make mine pumpkin, homemade of course.

December 25th, 2010, 4:37 pm #4

For all those proud owners of USFT,Steyrs,Ev2 etc.that claim their rig can shoot one hole at 27.34yds.or 82.02feet The 2011 World benchrest championships in July30 thru Aug. 7 at Plametto gun club,Charleston,South Carolina.WRABF rulebook at www.wrabf.com and aftermath results at www.usairriflebenchrest.com. T-mac told me some USFT's will be there to try win that Championship too.Good luck to Tim and all competitors.

December 25th, 2010, 4:51 pm #5

We'll be there! ...better start weighing your pellets:-).. Thanks for the links.. nt

December 25th, 2010, 5:39 pm #6

While I have never shot Field Target, there are cases where 50 yard shots are required and the ranging necessary to make that shot.

In that light, we have posted a 50 yard/meter target on usairriflebenchrest.com.
It is a .pdf file and is designed to be shot at 50 yards/meters. The X dot is .03125" and is a humbling experience for those of us that have become accustomed to high scores on the 25 meter target.

Shooting benchrest at this distance with a challenging target may be of some benefit for those looking to improve their skills and scores. Just a thought and Happy Holidays.
and SBR stands for Super Bench Rest.
At CCRP we shoot Bench Rest and Field Target indoors on our 50 foot rimfire range during the winter.
And then at TRRC, when we go outdoors, I have established SBR.
50 Feet - to compare with our indoor abilities.
25 Yards - which WAS our standard.
And 50 Yards (different target) which has helped our longer Outdoor FT shots.

In 2011 I am introducing 50 Foot and 25 Yard Pistol Bench Rest at TRRC and at BAR which is a range under renovation.

Speaking about Bench Rest...Shouldn't we have a NEW Heading "BENCH REST" on the Yellow??

"It's an AIR Thing, You wouldn't understand"
Last edited by AIROSOK on December 25th, 2010, 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

December 26th, 2010, 4:04 pm #7

Hey Steve,
The PDFs print too big on letter and a bit small on legal, what size should they print?
Bob

-bp

December 26th, 2010, 4:49 pm #8

i like most all competitions because of the inherent fun and friendship at the matches, so i might as well download those targets and see what i'm capable of.

i've been putting all my efforts into shooting from a bucket with a bipod lately.

gonna be an interesting challenge. thanks for the targets

-bp

ocx

December 26th, 2010, 5:22 pm #9

Hey Steve,
The PDFs print too big on letter and a bit small on legal, what size should they print?
Bob
The printers tell me it is an odd size, 16.5 X 11.75.

December 27th, 2010, 2:02 pm #10

Hey Steve,
Bob
downloaded the WRABF targets there using their puter/printer..