Been doin alittle practice on the cydias in the yard..with the pft pistola

Been doin alittle practice on the cydias in the yard..with the pft pistola

June 6th, 2011, 12:35 am #1

there are so many out here its almost too easy and boring. And my pistola is being a dead ringer..

Dutch

Self proclaimed shootinist sumbitch...there ever was almost!!
192 compressor fills and I have broke even
And aaain't it grrreaaat to be livinnn in the USA.
I never whacked a pigeon, starling, or sparrow that didn't deserve it!!!
1523 and countin....on pigeons..
starling count started 11--
Last edited by Dutch.22 on June 6th, 2011, 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

June 6th, 2011, 12:37 am #2

It is what it is, because it is!!!

June 6th, 2011, 12:50 am #3

there are so many out here its almost too easy and boring. And my pistola is being a dead ringer..

Dutch

June 6th, 2011, 3:10 am #4

Dutch

with a sub 20fps spread using a 1,450psi fill pressure last time I checked...

Regards,

Tony

June 6th, 2011, 3:25 am #5

and shooting flat isn't the issue. Its any amount of crosswind. Its fun shooting this pistol because you have to hold over for even the slightest of wind. I bought an S200 and its shooting cpl @ 12 fpe. There is a markedly lesser difference in wind holdover using this energy and pellet combo. 2 fpe IMO makes a difference. You still gotta wind dope, but its not as much. I have shot in consistent 15 mph cross winds @ 30 yards and its blowing 2.5-3 mildots out.

Your convincing me that I need to get a heavy barrel LW that is 15" installed to my pistola.

Dutch

started @ 228 compressor fills in 6/22/08

June 6th, 2011, 3:34 am #6

Regards,

Tony
and found that it cut the windage by 1/2. Next year I am going to switch to that pellet. That weight is the perfect medium. The cpl blows way off compared to the cph with my pistola.

Dutch

June 6th, 2011, 3:34 am #7

Regards,

Tony
nt
Last edited by Dutch.22 on June 6th, 2011, 3:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

June 6th, 2011, 3:36 am #8

and shooting flat isn't the issue. Its any amount of crosswind. Its fun shooting this pistol because you have to hold over for even the slightest of wind. I bought an S200 and its shooting cpl @ 12 fpe. There is a markedly lesser difference in wind holdover using this energy and pellet combo. 2 fpe IMO makes a difference. You still gotta wind dope, but its not as much. I have shot in consistent 15 mph cross winds @ 30 yards and its blowing 2.5-3 mildots out.

Your convincing me that I need to get a heavy barrel LW that is 15" installed to my pistola.

Dutch

friends have been surprised at how it appears to cut through the wind compared to other pistols of similar power level. One thing I like about the Crosman barrels is that they seem to engrave the pellets less compared to say an LW.

My work in progress PFT rig that is still in pieces has a P70 barrel which I'm looking forward to getting the pistol functional at least so I can test the barrel.

15mph is a healthy variable at low power! Which pistol are you shooting, a PROD?

Regards,

Tony

June 6th, 2011, 3:44 am #9

and found that it cut the windage by 1/2. Next year I am going to switch to that pellet. That weight is the perfect medium. The cpl blows way off compared to the cph with my pistola.

Dutch

I like the 8.4gr Exacts but haven't tested the 7.9 or 7.3 JSBs extensively yet. So far, none of my rifles or pistols have shown a preference/particular liking to CPL's.

Regards,

Tony

June 6th, 2011, 3:57 am #10

friends have been surprised at how it appears to cut through the wind compared to other pistols of similar power level. One thing I like about the Crosman barrels is that they seem to engrave the pellets less compared to say an LW.

My work in progress PFT rig that is still in pieces has a P70 barrel which I'm looking forward to getting the pistol functional at least so I can test the barrel.

15mph is a healthy variable at low power! Which pistol are you shooting, a PROD?

Regards,

Tony
"friends have been surprised at how it appears to cut through the wind compared to other pistols of similar power level. One thing I like about the Crosman barrels is that they seem to engrave the pellets less compared to say an LW."

And to add to that the JSB pellets arent as engraved as the crosman pellets when shot thru a lw barrel. I noticed the same thing. Be it cpl or cph...they get hefty engravement when being spit out of that lw barrel. I need to run the pistol over the chrony with the jsb's and see what energy is being put out.

"My work in progress PFT rig that is still in pieces has a P70 barrel which I'm looking forward to getting the pistol functional at least so I can test the barrel."

I admire your love of airguns Tony and ability to acquire them. I surely do. Seeing your toys reminds me of when I was single and without a kid. I could buy whatever I wanted. Nowdays that ain't the case. But I wouldn't have it any other way. My 3 yearold is a joy and so is my wifey.

"15mph is a healthy variable at low power! Which pistol are you shooting, a PROD"

Well Tony, I hate to break it to ya, but its a secret and it isn't the PROD. It will be unveiled at the next FT match I attend. Be it at Crosman's Match in New York if I can rob Peter to pay Paul @ work to get the time off....or @ the Nationals this year.

Dutch