beeman bear claw questions

beeman bear claw questions

N2T

March 17th, 2017, 4:26 am #1

I see that beeman offers some thumbhole spring guns like the Bear Claw. But I don't see them for sale on Pyaramid etc and only by Amazon through big box stores. Are they Walmart grade guns? The thumbhole stock looks really nice and components seem similar to other offerings. How would they compare to something like the Ruger Air Hawk Elite or a Titan?

March 17th, 2017, 12:21 pm #2

Can you say "knock offs", it's not an original Beeman airgun and they're being sold using the "Beeman" name only. The original Beeman "Weihrauch" airguns were made/imported from Germany ("1970") and sold by Robert Beeman, that's where the "Beeman" name came from. I may be a little off center but I would never in my life buy something that does not even come close to the original Beeman/German line of airguns using the name "Beeman". JMHO

March 17th, 2017, 2:35 pm #3

I see that beeman offers some thumbhole spring guns like the Bear Claw. But I don't see them for sale on Pyaramid etc and only by Amazon through big box stores. Are they Walmart grade guns? The thumbhole stock looks really nice and components seem similar to other offerings. How would they compare to something like the Ruger Air Hawk Elite or a Titan?
nothing more than an importer/distributer like you see today.

IOW, beeman now sells the QB guns (which are decent guns, btw) but those are industry brand or shanghai or something.

So your Beeman R9(perhaps best known, maybe also the R1) were nothing more than HW's version of the 95 and 80, respectively. they have had different denotations over the years.

Beeman supposedly credits himself (perhaps others can too, again.....this is a birds eye view explaination) with evolving the HW35 into the R1, and having something to do with the evolution of the P1 or HW45. The stocks on Beemans were generally nicer, but not sure if there was anything deeper than cosmetics going on.

So in summary, the Beeman of old was owned by R Beeman who distributed HW's and also some webleys and I think once or twice some BSA's. mainly the USA importer/retailer of some quality hard to find european guns.

The Beeman name was sold, and they still distribute rifles, but a different quality base for sure.

God bless,

Farmer
Last edited by VAFarmer on March 17th, 2017, 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

March 17th, 2017, 2:47 pm #4

https://www.krale-schietsport.nl/en/

You can get top notch HWs even special editions here cheaper than you can buy used. Cheaper than some places have the current "china" beeman guns.

God bless,

Farmer

March 17th, 2017, 3:26 pm #5

Chinese imports. Ok guns but that's about it.

March 18th, 2017, 7:08 am #6

https://www.krale-schietsport.nl/en/

You can get top notch HWs even special editions here cheaper than you can buy used. Cheaper than some places have the current "china" beeman guns.

God bless,

Farmer
That site makes me wish I were very very rich. (n/t)