Because Warner Charlie DaTuna keeps spreading lies...

Because Warner Charlie DaTuna keeps spreading lies...

q1q

June 16th, 2006, 10:16 pm #1

Here is emails I got from Gene Sunday a well respected and honorable tuner amongst us. This is Who Tuna is in Gene's words, not mine.

This is an email I got from Gene and with his permision is posted here:

Steve
I have no ties to Charlie at all. He actually conned me out of a ton of info and private hard earned data and plastered it all over the forums without my permission a couple of years ago.
As far as smart goes I never claimed intelligence.

Had I been very smart I would never had started that venture. Then I had the audacity to think that if I helped people like Bob Werner (and several others) I was doing the airgun community a favor. In fact all I was doing was cutting my own throat.
All that said, If you don't allow the rhetoric then you force people to take sides.
If people are allowed to excercise the freedom to sort it out then eventually the cream rises and the **** drops to the bottom.

If you'll notice I don't toot my own horn. I don't won't recognition. I've had it with the airgun business.
What I do want is for the truth to come out. It won't do that if the discussion is supressed.

Like I said, It's your forum.
I don't have any alliances one way or the other but in the end if you have the appearance of covering up then you'll force people to take a side even if it's wrong.
As you well know that alliance will probably swing in the direction of the biggest bull****ter. Most uninitiated people think because someone puts a bunch of self help info out there it must be right and the person that put it there must be a great guy.

Even if 95% of that info is utter bunk.

I completely understand your frustration with Werner.
I spent countless hours upon hours on the phone and through email answering his questions under the pretense that he was trying to tune his own guns because he couldn't afford to have someone do it. He presented himself to me as a old sick man with limited years left that was just trying to get the most out a newfound hobby.

Bob did this to many people. He gleaned info under the same pretense from anybody that would provide it then all of a sudden he had a site up and was a self proclaimed airgun guru.

Of course since he was cutting my prices by half, my chinese tuning fell by 75%.

It wasn't that big a deal because frankly I was tired of a couple of years of trying to correct the terrible quality control issues with these guns. Sometimes I would have to return seven out of ten guns because of part defects or shoddy machine work.
I just wrote it off as a lesson learned.

Feel free to use any correspondence from me any way you see fit as long as the related issues are substantiated.

Regards
Gene
Last edited by q1q on June 16th, 2006, 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

q1q

June 16th, 2006, 10:30 pm #2

talking about a B20 with Tuna's Turbo plus tune with Maccari spring and a blue seal. When the gun was stripped only the blue seal was there, the Spring was typical chinese. No Maccari.

June 16th, 2006, 10:35 pm #3

Here is emails I got from Gene Sunday a well respected and honorable tuner amongst us. This is Who Tuna is in Gene's words, not mine.

This is an email I got from Gene and with his permision is posted here:

Steve
I have no ties to Charlie at all. He actually conned me out of a ton of info and private hard earned data and plastered it all over the forums without my permission a couple of years ago.
As far as smart goes I never claimed intelligence.

Had I been very smart I would never had started that venture. Then I had the audacity to think that if I helped people like Bob Werner (and several others) I was doing the airgun community a favor. In fact all I was doing was cutting my own throat.
All that said, If you don't allow the rhetoric then you force people to take sides.
If people are allowed to excercise the freedom to sort it out then eventually the cream rises and the **** drops to the bottom.

If you'll notice I don't toot my own horn. I don't won't recognition. I've had it with the airgun business.
What I do want is for the truth to come out. It won't do that if the discussion is supressed.

Like I said, It's your forum.
I don't have any alliances one way or the other but in the end if you have the appearance of covering up then you'll force people to take a side even if it's wrong.
As you well know that alliance will probably swing in the direction of the biggest bull****ter. Most uninitiated people think because someone puts a bunch of self help info out there it must be right and the person that put it there must be a great guy.

Even if 95% of that info is utter bunk.

I completely understand your frustration with Werner.
I spent countless hours upon hours on the phone and through email answering his questions under the pretense that he was trying to tune his own guns because he couldn't afford to have someone do it. He presented himself to me as a old sick man with limited years left that was just trying to get the most out a newfound hobby.

Bob did this to many people. He gleaned info under the same pretense from anybody that would provide it then all of a sudden he had a site up and was a self proclaimed airgun guru.

Of course since he was cutting my prices by half, my chinese tuning fell by 75%.

It wasn't that big a deal because frankly I was tired of a couple of years of trying to correct the terrible quality control issues with these guns. Sometimes I would have to return seven out of ten guns because of part defects or shoddy machine work.
I just wrote it off as a lesson learned.

Feel free to use any correspondence from me any way you see fit as long as the related issues are substantiated.

Regards
Gene
starting to resemble those of a pouting 11 year old. It doesn't matter who's at fault, who's spreading lies - if you morally feel you are correct, then drop it and move on. If you don't - you'll spend a lot of time trying to prove the other party is 'worse' - which appears to be happening right now.

An example of acting a bit immature - removing the prominent Crosman link from your page. Of course, it is your forum, but punishing an entire group of airgunners by making it harder to get to Crosman from your page is petty, childlike, and downright silly.

Reconsider please taking the high road - either talking directly to Charlie to solve the problem (if your previous friendship with him was worth saving, as nearly ALL friendships are), or just saying NO to continuing it, with such posts as this from Gene Sunday.

Gene Sunday is certainly a respected Tuner, and in many ways a fine gentleman, but certainly his writing is full of opinion not fact, and a great dislike for the gentleman in question - hardly a dispassionate party possesing of 'facts' worthy of my consideration as regards this matter.

At least Gene had the sense to email you privatly - leaving the decision to post it publicly to you.

In my mind, you dropped down a notch by continuing things by posting his letter.

Where is the high road my friend Steve used to travel? Please go back there again, and either talk to Bob or just stop this nonsense and move forward seperatly.

Thanks for reading this.

Respectfully, Alfred Whitehurst

q1q

June 16th, 2006, 10:40 pm #4

Leave the meat of what you want to say.
If you think someone I help soooo much get established should be allowed to continue to screw people, good for you.

I made the post after he made his false "God fearing" statements. Then and only then I responded. You see nothing wrong with him going on me first,do you? So stay out of it.
Last edited by q1q on June 16th, 2006, 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

June 16th, 2006, 10:46 pm #5

starting to resemble those of a pouting 11 year old. It doesn't matter who's at fault, who's spreading lies - if you morally feel you are correct, then drop it and move on. If you don't - you'll spend a lot of time trying to prove the other party is 'worse' - which appears to be happening right now.

An example of acting a bit immature - removing the prominent Crosman link from your page. Of course, it is your forum, but punishing an entire group of airgunners by making it harder to get to Crosman from your page is petty, childlike, and downright silly.

Reconsider please taking the high road - either talking directly to Charlie to solve the problem (if your previous friendship with him was worth saving, as nearly ALL friendships are), or just saying NO to continuing it, with such posts as this from Gene Sunday.

Gene Sunday is certainly a respected Tuner, and in many ways a fine gentleman, but certainly his writing is full of opinion not fact, and a great dislike for the gentleman in question - hardly a dispassionate party possesing of 'facts' worthy of my consideration as regards this matter.

At least Gene had the sense to email you privatly - leaving the decision to post it publicly to you.

In my mind, you dropped down a notch by continuing things by posting his letter.

Where is the high road my friend Steve used to travel? Please go back there again, and either talk to Bob or just stop this nonsense and move forward seperatly.

Thanks for reading this.

Respectfully, Alfred Whitehurst
ntnt

June 16th, 2006, 10:49 pm #6

talking about a B20 with Tuna's Turbo plus tune with Maccari spring and a blue seal. When the gun was stripped only the blue seal was there, the Spring was typical chinese. No Maccari.
however, I am a little confused. I believe you said to never badmouth a tuner or dealer here. Zero tolerance, right? I'm very dissappointed in you. People should see Charlie's side of the story as well.

June 16th, 2006, 11:11 pm #7

Leave the meat of what you want to say.
If you think someone I help soooo much get established should be allowed to continue to screw people, good for you.

I made the post after he made his false "God fearing" statements. Then and only then I responded. You see nothing wrong with him going on me first,do you? So stay out of it.
I am not defending him, nor taking sides. My intent was to promote someone (in this case yourself) - to take the moral high ground and just drop it.

Sorry you took my child statements as insults - that was a behavioral observation I believe was justified, but it wasn't appropiate, accurate or not.

Consider still the High Road, remember if possible I am your friend.

q1q

June 16th, 2006, 11:15 pm #8

I am taking the high road letting people know before the snake bites.

June 16th, 2006, 11:18 pm #9

Good luck with this - I'll try to stay clear, but it is hard when two friends are involved and won't talk to each other.

Not as hard on me, of course, as it is on the two friends themselves, something which I would fix if I could, but I cannot.

June 16th, 2006, 11:18 pm #10

I am not defending him, nor taking sides. My intent was to promote someone (in this case yourself) - to take the moral high ground and just drop it.

Sorry you took my child statements as insults - that was a behavioral observation I believe was justified, but it wasn't appropiate, accurate or not.

Consider still the High Road, remember if possible I am your friend.
nt