BCSA 6/23/12 Match Results

BCSA 6/23/12 Match Results

June 23rd, 2012, 11:27 pm #1

This was an unscheduled match that was put together over the last 2 weeks.

It was decided that since there were no local matches in the area before the NRFTC at Crosman, that we would put together 1 last practice match. I brought the targets and the shooters set up the course as they saw fit.

The write up and results can be found here:http://www.bcsportsmen.org/ft/scores.html#June23

Thanks to all that came out and we'll see you in a couple of weeks at Crosman!

Greg

June 24th, 2012, 1:47 am #2

Had a lot of fun and got a lot of good practice in! As always its great to hang out with a bunch of air gunners. Learned some stuff as always about the sport and what I need to practice on. Went home and ordered a couple scopes Hah, Hah.

thanks a bunch Greg

Jerry LaRocca

p.s It was nice to see all the pictures too!

June 24th, 2012, 11:51 am #3

It was decided that since there were no local matches in the area before the NRFTC at Crosman, that we would put together 1 last practice match. I brought the targets and the shooters set up the course as they saw fit.

The write up and results can be found here:http://www.bcsportsmen.org/ft/scores.html#June23

Greg
Good shoot!! Thanks a bunch!...nt

June 24th, 2012, 11:56 am #4

Greg
The Gauntlet style lane (lane 6) I setup didn't get the effect I wanted as you could see all 3 full kill zones through the scope at the same time. You couldn't see the second or third target's face below the KZ when the target in front of it was still up though. So even though some shooters missed the first shot they could still hit the second and third target. It was a bit distracting seeing all 3 targets in a row and may have been distracting for range finding but I still thaught it was a fun idea. The shadows the targets were in also made it hard to range find them. Don't know if anyone cleaned the lane (I didn't).

Thanks for a great day.

Se you guys in a couple of weeks at the Crosman Facility.

<p>A Team PCP Tuning Document</p><p>Field Target Locations GeoCache (GPS file)</p>(please note the site does go down with high
traffic so check back if it isn't available)
<p>YouTube Videos</p>

June 24th, 2012, 7:42 pm #5

Greg
It was a ton of fun!

And it really shows that no undue hardship has to fall on the MD in the preparation of a Match. Left to our own devices and Imaginations (or should I say "Machinations"), the course turned out to be fun and very challenging.

I was happy that the shoot evidenced a few possible sources of mistakes:
1.- I tried to shoot the offhand lane with the sling, but sling and jacket do not "jive" well for offhand. Sling without a shooting jacket is a terrific combination, but that combo is better suited to the hunting field where you do NOT tromp around the woods with a shooting jacket on.
2.- Dark sunglasses are a nuisance when you are faced with VERY dark lanes. Yellow glasses are an asset under those conditions.

It was also very gratifying to hit a few targets with the wild wind that "erupted" towards the end of the rifle round. It re-inforced the idea that once winds exceed the 7 mph line, "he who dares, wins".

Some photos of the event:

Setting up the lanes and the sighting in targets:

Sighting in done, all paper targets had to be put away:

A lull in the action:

You can actually see Greg thinking "Why the h.... did I have to allow Ray to put up this insane lane?!"

The shoot in full swing:

Old, not so old, and new faces at the shoot:

Our "offhand practice run" was very rewarding; as my very wise wife said about my attempt to shoot offhand with the sling during the rifle shoot: "If it ain´t broke, DON'T fix it!" ROFL!, perhaps I should have suggested a shoot-off with Ray (Spring-Piston rifle offhand vs. PCP pistol, seated), but we were all getting hungry, LOL!

It was, as always is in Binghamton, a GREAT shoot!

Thanks Pat and Greg!

Un Abrazo!

H�ctor