Barrel chronograph?

Barrel chronograph?

May 4th, 2012, 3:26 pm #1

I watched a youtube and a guy from the UK had a small chronograph attached to his barrel. I thought that was pretty convenient compared to my tripod based system. On the classifieds a guy said he does not want this type of system. So I have to ask if they are good, can be used on a 22LR or other powder burner also and where can I get one. I did a few google searches and I did not find one.

May 4th, 2012, 3:30 pm #2

Mine works fine. Sometime reads a little faster or slower than my Prochrono. I don't have the cords to plug it in to the computer and swinging the gun back to check the readout gets really old after a while. Great for a few shots to test speeds... just not long strings without the cable.

http://www.chronoscopes.com/

May 4th, 2012, 4:22 pm #3

I watched a youtube and a guy from the UK had a small chronograph attached to his barrel. I thought that was pretty convenient compared to my tripod based system. On the classifieds a guy said he does not want this type of system. So I have to ask if they are good, can be used on a 22LR or other powder burner also and where can I get one. I did a few google searches and I did not find one.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Combro-cb-625-M ... 2016wt_905

I love mine. Easy, simple and works well. Its everything I've wanted from a chrony so far.

May 4th, 2012, 4:44 pm #4

http://www.catsdomain.com/chrono/

May 4th, 2012, 5:05 pm #5

Shady company/distributor. I would suggest the link be removed, just my opinion. Wouldn't want to see a fellow Yellow member taken like myself and many on the Crosman forum.

"The majority of things in our lives are created by folks no smarter than the rest. Afterall, the world is comprised, and operated by C average people intellctually, academically, and morally. These people are often the great pioneers that set the precedent for what excellence should be."

May 4th, 2012, 5:27 pm #6

Mine works fine. Sometime reads a little faster or slower than my Prochrono. I don't have the cords to plug it in to the computer and swinging the gun back to check the readout gets really old after a while. Great for a few shots to test speeds... just not long strings without the cable.

http://www.chronoscopes.com/
It was cheap since we do not have to pay the VAT tax.
I arrived in about one week.

May 4th, 2012, 6:33 pm #7

Shady company/distributor. I would suggest the link be removed, just my opinion. Wouldn't want to see a fellow Yellow member taken like myself and many on the Crosman forum.

"The majority of things in our lives are created by folks no smarter than the rest. Afterall, the world is comprised, and operated by C average people intellctually, academically, and morally. These people are often the great pioneers that set the precedent for what excellence should be."
Which company are you referring to?

Thanks
Anthony

May 4th, 2012, 8:17 pm #8

The Crombro is not for use with a 22LR.

Kevin

May 4th, 2012, 9:54 pm #9

Precision Shots, L.L.C in Texas? If so, I guess you saved me $60. I was going to order one next week. Whew! Thanks for the heads-up.