Bargain Alert Discovery - I've Been Bitten!

Bargain Alert Discovery - I've Been Bitten!

November 2nd, 2008, 5:15 pm #1

I missed the 1st FogDog Bargain alert so I did a search for FogDog coupons and I found this site. If you click on the link to FogDog from this site for the 25% off 1 item, it takes you to the FogDog site and will automatically give you the 25% discount for the 1 item. I got the Discovery in .177 with pump for $297.00 shipped expedited 3-5 days. Hope this isn't old news! BTW, I think I have been bitten by the "DARK SIDE" I have always been a springer guy, but just couldn't resist knowing what all the fuss was about. Well I received the rifle and I am hooked, on the Discovery at least! I was pleased at the quality of the rifle and especially the pump! I figured that the pump would be some cheap a$$ piece of $hite (colloquial), but am suprised at how substantial it is. The only negative so far is the toy-gun trigger and I see from reading the forum that there are alternatives in place and in the works. Anyway follow this link for 25% off 1 item - <a href="http://www.dealtaker.com/FogdogSports-c ... -c.html</a" target="_new" rel="nofollow">http://www.dealtaker.com/FogdogSports-c ... -c.html</a>

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" -- Benjamin Franklin ...

Take out the "(trash)" to respond
Last edited by owldo on November 2nd, 2008, 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

November 2nd, 2008, 5:30 pm #2

How is the accuracy and are you using a scope?

I fill to 2000, shoot with a cheap red dot (waiting for scope and mount), and I get 15 accurate shots that are flanked by several that are relatively less accurate (first 5 and last 5). So shots 1-5 can be variable, shots 5-20 are consitent, and shots 21 - 25 can be variable. I have one modification, a muzzle brake. I will wait till I get a scope before I consider any other modifications.

I tried to get that FogDog deal but they would not ship to CA.

November 2nd, 2008, 5:53 pm #3

Accuracy seems respectible at the moment. I just set the rifle up yesterday afternoon. I didn't even empty the first full fill. I noticed right off the bat that I was going to need some riser blocks and as luck would have it I had 2 sets of B-Square 11mm medium riser blocks. I mounted a Bushnell 4-12X40 and sighted it in at 30yds before it got to dark for anymore tweaking. I was on paper in the ring but I haven't fine tuned it yet. My biggest problem with accuracy is going to be the trigger. I was in a hurry to try and sight it in, and I couldn't really get a feel for this trigger. It kept feeling like I was jerking it and I knew I wasn't! Some work will have to done on the trigger!!! I'll post more on accuracy when I have some more time to give it a shake down cruise.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" -- Benjamin Franklin ...

November 2nd, 2008, 6:58 pm #4

November 2nd, 2008, 7:30 pm #5

thumbs, if you sent an email I didn't receive it. You have to remove (trash) from my email address for it to go thru. I put (trash) in there to keep email harvesting bot's from spamming me. Take out the (trash) to respond!

November 2nd, 2008, 8:58 pm #6

Was a PDF on how to do the trigger tune.

November 2nd, 2008, 10:51 pm #7

I missed the 1st FogDog Bargain alert so I did a search for FogDog coupons and I found this site. If you click on the link to FogDog from this site for the 25% off 1 item, it takes you to the FogDog site and will automatically give you the 25% discount for the 1 item. I got the Discovery in .177 with pump for $297.00 shipped expedited 3-5 days. Hope this isn't old news! BTW, I think I have been bitten by the "DARK SIDE" I have always been a springer guy, but just couldn't resist knowing what all the fuss was about. Well I received the rifle and I am hooked, on the Discovery at least! I was pleased at the quality of the rifle and especially the pump! I figured that the pump would be some cheap a$$ piece of $hite (colloquial), but am suprised at how substantial it is. The only negative so far is the toy-gun trigger and I see from reading the forum that there are alternatives in place and in the works. Anyway follow this link for 25% off 1 item - <a href="http://www.dealtaker.com/FogdogSports-c ... -c.html</a" target="_new" rel="nofollow">http://www.dealtaker.com/FogdogSports-c ... -c.html</a>

I finally did it! At $294 you can't beat the deal.

November 3rd, 2008, 12:43 pm #8

just ordered mine in .22 shipped to my door for a mere $295. that's gotta be the best dealing going. the pump alone sells for $200 so it's like getting the gun for $95. that was a no brainer. how do dthey do it? hopefully these are factory fresh and not returns or refurbs. although refurbs can be a good thing cuz theoretically, they open up the guns and relace typical wear items like seals, etc. anyway, thanks for sharing your find w/ us!!!!

November 3rd, 2008, 2:49 pm #9

Bill, my looked like it was brand new never been opened, so I don't think they are refurbs. You are right about the pump. These look exactly like HILL Pumps, they even have the fitting that looks like you can attach the aftermarket Dry-Pac air filter/dryer. A thread below this was talking about how to replace seals if need be. I am so impressed with this deal that I just ordered a 2nd gun in .22 They are really a hoot to shoot! Let us know what you think when you receive delivery.

November 3rd, 2008, 2:51 pm #10

Was a PDF on how to do the trigger tune.
Thumbs, I received your email PDf. I'll give that trigger tune a try.