BAGA Monster Match results...Saturday October 11, 2014

October 12th, 2014, 1:09 am #1

So it turned out to be an awesome day for a "Monster" match!!! The morning started off quite cool around 38 degrees but warmed up into the upper 50's by lunch time. we ended up shooting 112 shots today for score. We had 14 lanes, 4 targets per lane, and 2 shots per target. Alex pulled out all the stops today since he had to dig deep to gather enough targets for the match. We had a few targets that I personally have never seen at BAGA before. We had a large white owl, a white headed pigeon, and a few newer small kz targets that found their way into the match this week. Bill, Ron, Brando, and Alex have spent a whole ton of time in the past month working to "cut out" new lanes so they were able to add lanes, 12, 13, and 14 for this match.

I do not have the official numbers, but I would estimate this course shot to about a 38-43 troyer. It was not tooo difficult, but was challenging and tons of fun.

Ron and Bill provided the awesome lunch today(as always)!!!

Here are some photos of the day and scoreboard.

Winners of the day are as follows:
Open: Brando
HFT: Phil
WFTF: Boomer

Bill and his baby

Howard Patner(like the Ninja that he is!)

Vlad and his borrowed Steyr(his Anschutz is in my basement awaiting delivery to AZ for some work)

Don telling Brando how cool he used to be when he was younger...

Phil...kickin butt and taking names in the HFT division!!! Nice job Phil and a very nice improvement over last match. TM1000 rides again!!!

Howard scoring for Vlad and Ron shooting next to Vlad

Brando...overall high score last 2 matches in a row now!!! Awesome roll you are on Sir! Keep it up.

Mr. BAGA himself...Alex enjoying the day in the woods with his BAGA crew!

our AWESOME Chef Ron at work on the grill. Wow!!! Whata spread of food again today. Ron and Bill out-do themselves each time we have a match. It must be a personal bet they have with each other. I for one love everything they cook for us at each match. I heard a comment today by one of the guys..."man what a feed this is...can't beat this". A day in the woods shooting a FT match and a 5 star meal directly following. thanks again Ron and Bill for the grub!

Some random match photos

Alex handing out awards and thanking everyone for an awesome year outside.

left to right: Don, Ken, Alex

L-R: Alex, Don, Phil, Vlad

Some of the lanes and targets from today's match

This lane gets in everyone's head and messes them up!
the cobra on the right and the rabbit both have .375 kz's on them and they are out between 16-17 yards. It is a really fun lane for me.

Forced lane.
2 near targets were standing
2 far targets were kneeling

The sight in range from right side to left side

This is the end of the outdoor season at BAGA though we will be outside until mid novemberish depending on weather, then we head indoors to our 30 yard range inside the club house. The IFP league will begin in December and go for 5-6 months until we go back outside in the spring. If you cannot come up and enjoy BAGA outside this year, come join us inside. The range is filled with colorful trees right now and we will have plenty of people showing up to finish the outdoor season so come up and check us out to see what we are all about.

Hope you enjoy!
Boomer

October 12th, 2014, 2:03 am #2

Keep a light on for me.

October 12th, 2014, 2:36 am #3

So it turned out to be an awesome day for a "Monster" match!!! The morning started off quite cool around 38 degrees but warmed up into the upper 50's by lunch time. we ended up shooting 112 shots today for score. We had 14 lanes, 4 targets per lane, and 2 shots per target. Alex pulled out all the stops today since he had to dig deep to gather enough targets for the match. We had a few targets that I personally have never seen at BAGA before. We had a large white owl, a white headed pigeon, and a few newer small kz targets that found their way into the match this week. Bill, Ron, Brando, and Alex have spent a whole ton of time in the past month working to "cut out" new lanes so they were able to add lanes, 12, 13, and 14 for this match.

I do not have the official numbers, but I would estimate this course shot to about a 38-43 troyer. It was not tooo difficult, but was challenging and tons of fun.

Bill and his baby

Vlad and his borrowed Steyr(his Anschutz is in my basement awaiting delivery to AZ for some work)

Phil...kickin butt and taking names in the HFT division!!! Nice job Phil and a very nice improvement over last match. TM1000 rides again!!!

Brando...overall high score last 2 matches in a row now!!! Awesome roll you are on Sir! Keep it up.

our AWESOME Chef Ron at work on the grill. Wow!!! Whata spread of food again today. Ron and Bill out-do themselves each time we have a match. It must be a personal bet they have with each other. I for one love everything they cook for us at each match. I heard a comment today by one of the guys..."man what a feed this is...can't beat this". A day in the woods shooting a FT match and a 5 star meal directly following. thanks again Ron and Bill for the grub!

Some random match photos

the cobra on the right and the rabbit both have .375 kz's on them and they are out between 16-17 yards. It is a really fun lane for me.

Forced lane.

This is the end of the outdoor season at BAGA though we will be outside until mid novemberish depending on weather, then we head indoors to our 30 yard range inside the club house. The IFP league will begin in December and go for 5-6 months until we go back outside in the spring. If you cannot come up and enjoy BAGA outside this year, come join us inside. The range is filled with colorful trees right now and we will have plenty of people showing up to finish the outdoor season so come up and check us out to see what we are all about.

Hope you enjoy!
Boomer
Nice complete report and great shooting fun by all!

October 12th, 2014, 4:45 am #4

Bill and his baby

Some random match photos

Forced lane.

Hope you enjoy!
Boomer
Felt like I was there - Hopefully one day I will be there -

October 12th, 2014, 2:07 pm #5

Then we would have more stories to laugh about and talk about "that one we missed at Nats"

Boomer