Back from the factory, what a week..............

Back from the factory, what a week..............

May 27th, 2011, 3:37 pm #1

Well I'm home again. Went through the 60C with the factory guys, great bunch of people that are really getting with the new production standards. It will be a bust time for them in the next two months as the make the Browning rifles and keep up on the production of the Rugers (look for a new spring pistol and the LGR). They are sending out two containers a week so are at max production running 12 hours a day.

The old factory is just too small so will be moving to a new one in a month or so. Will have some new machines so quality will go up again.

There are new model rifles in the planning stages that will have the Rekord trigger in them with a twist, you can reset the safety without recocking. Production time will depend on getting moved to the new factory and getting orders filled. It's like a chinese fire drill with people running and trying to keep up, never seen anything like it.

I have been asked to plan a new model rifle, have some ideas for a new gas gun. Will take suggestions on new types of springers via e-mail. I/m working on the kiss principle for the gasser, want a flow through design for more efficency etc....

Well it's off to the shop and trying to get caught up...

mailto:flyingdragonairrifles@hotmail.com
Bestairgun.com 515-924-3699

May 27th, 2011, 4:02 pm #2

I'll let you catch your breath and get caught up a bit. Then I will give you a call to get your input and place an order.
Glad you made the trip O.K.

As it written, let it be done, you bring the pellets I'll bring the gun

May 27th, 2011, 4:10 pm #3

Well I'm home again. Went through the 60C with the factory guys, great bunch of people that are really getting with the new production standards. It will be a bust time for them in the next two months as the make the Browning rifles and keep up on the production of the Rugers (look for a new spring pistol and the LGR). They are sending out two containers a week so are at max production running 12 hours a day.

The old factory is just too small so will be moving to a new one in a month or so. Will have some new machines so quality will go up again.

There are new model rifles in the planning stages that will have the Rekord trigger in them with a twist, you can reset the safety without recocking. Production time will depend on getting moved to the new factory and getting orders filled. It's like a chinese fire drill with people running and trying to keep up, never seen anything like it.

I have been asked to plan a new model rifle, have some ideas for a new gas gun. Will take suggestions on new types of springers via e-mail. I/m working on the kiss principle for the gasser, want a flow through design for more efficency etc....

... to my email once you got back.

I'd be interested in something like a 2250XT that takes a 20oz CO2 or HPA bottle. Kinda like a poor man's condor.

May 27th, 2011, 4:12 pm #4

rifle would be nice in .177 and 22 would be nice. Like a Winchester 1894. With a scope rail.!!

TIA
Don RR

May 27th, 2011, 4:23 pm #5

something like the old crosman 622(pump action co2 repeater)would be very cool. It could even be built as a bullpup, the pump style repeater is a natural for that layout. If it would accept M-rod magazines...even better.
Last edited by classicalgas on May 27th, 2011, 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

May 27th, 2011, 5:27 pm #6

model Scot is talking about, but the Bullpup design is hot right now.

Become the only one offering it, especially in a dual-fuel design, and you will have a hot number on your hands. I bet you wont be able to keep'em in the shop if you keep costs around 300-400 bucks.
A shrouded barrel with the accuracy of the 2078 would fit the bill nicely.

Stock could be wood, with something as simple as bedliner type coating as an option.

Thanks for taking the time to go over and be our voice bud.

Hope the trip was good, and the jet lag wears off soon.

God bless buddy,

Farmer

May 27th, 2011, 7:31 pm #7

Mike, I will second the vote for a cr622 clone using a marauder type magazine and bulked. leave the bull pups for the do it your selfers, there are just too many variables for one of them to be suited for the general public. .

One design that I always liked is the Philippine guns that use a swinging breach block and out side hammer like a revolver or single shot shotgun. john

May 27th, 2011, 7:33 pm #8

model Scot is talking about, but the Bullpup design is hot right now.

Become the only one offering it, especially in a dual-fuel design, and you will have a hot number on your hands. I bet you wont be able to keep'em in the shop if you keep costs around 300-400 bucks.
A shrouded barrel with the accuracy of the 2078 would fit the bill nicely.

Stock could be wood, with something as simple as bedliner type coating as an option.

Thanks for taking the time to go over and be our voice bud.

Hope the trip was good, and the jet lag wears off soon.

God bless buddy,

Farmer
A decent pcp? the B50 was so old but then there are a lot new pcps around at the moment.

Springers the B20 is hard to beat with the Record trigger copy so what about good under leaver but without a rat trap breach I hate em!!

So a good u/l with the Record copy and no sliding breach would float my boat. They are doing so well with the springers all I could suggest beyond that is that they continue to improve the quality.

On the Co2 front my main objection to the 78/79 is the crappy engineering, antique design, and a poor trigger.
A well engineered well designed Co2 rifle with a good trigger,a well fitting breach effectively supporting the barrel and get rid of the sliding spring support so adjusting pre-load is easier.

The other thing would be to fit a stock set up for a scope rather than open sites and avoid copying the 2260.

ATB Ora

My Website -http://eairgun.org.uk/

May 27th, 2011, 8:09 pm #9

something like the old crosman 622(pump action co2 repeater)would be very cool. It could even be built as a bullpup, the pump style repeater is a natural for that layout. If it would accept M-rod magazines...even better.
I have also considered a pump type gasser, will have to find a 622 and take a good long look

May 27th, 2011, 8:11 pm #10

A decent pcp? the B50 was so old but then there are a lot new pcps around at the moment.

Springers the B20 is hard to beat with the Record trigger copy so what about good under leaver but without a rat trap breach I hate em!!

So a good u/l with the Record copy and no sliding breach would float my boat. They are doing so well with the springers all I could suggest beyond that is that they continue to improve the quality.

On the Co2 front my main objection to the 78/79 is the crappy engineering, antique design, and a poor trigger.
A well engineered well designed Co2 rifle with a good trigger,a well fitting breach effectively supporting the barrel and get rid of the sliding spring support so adjusting pre-load is easier.

The other thing would be to fit a stock set up for a scope rather than open sites and avoid copying the 2260.

ATB Ora

My Website -http://eairgun.org.uk/
I'll work on it, like you said no copy of the 2260. What they want is a total new rifle, no copy...a low pressure pcp is what they may want right now, a flow through with out the around the horn flow the 78 has...

Last edited by mikeiniowa on May 27th, 2011, 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.