B12 vs B16

B12 vs B16

March 16th, 2010, 11:11 am #1

Thinking of another small plinker although I already have a nice RWS 24. I love those light shooters. Do the B12 and 16 share the same powerplant? Are they a copy of the R7, and if so, why are they not wildly popular? How is the trigger? Are they easily tuned? I like the look of the metal front sight on the 12, but the racy look of the 16 would be something different in my "collection".

March 16th, 2010, 11:33 am #2

the trigger is the big complaint right now, it's a fake two stage thats a direct sear. With some work they can be made nice and light but have creep in the second stage. just a matter of time ( I hope) before an improved model comes out, the cost of putting a good trigger into it will raise the price but I think it will be worth it...

mailto:flyingdragonairrifles@hotmail.comhttp://www.airgunartisans.com/flyingdragon/

March 16th, 2010, 10:16 pm #3

Thanks Mike. Maybe I will wait for an improved trigger. The trigger on my 24 isn't great either however. How is the accuracy of these models? I could learn to work on the trigger, and tune it (fun learning project), but if the accuracy isn't there, the end results might not be worth it.

March 16th, 2010, 11:50 pm #4

March 17th, 2010, 1:21 am #5

That is all one could ask for. I am happy if I can get that from my HW's.

March 17th, 2010, 1:24 am #6

By the way Mike, you sold me a B26 tuned in 22 last year that I am very fond of. I have a Beeman peep on it, and it is just plain fun. No scope, just simple plinking fun with a nice smooth cycle, and a nice whack on the poor pop cans.

March 18th, 2010, 7:49 am #7

the trigger is the big complaint right now, it's a fake two stage thats a direct sear. With some work they can be made nice and light but have creep in the second stage. just a matter of time ( I hope) before an improved model comes out, the cost of putting a good trigger into it will raise the price but I think it will be worth it...

mailto:flyingdragonairrifles@hotmail.comhttp://www.airgunartisans.com/flyingdragon/
This is the first time I have ever cracked open a springer. I have to figure out what types of lubes, grease, moly and tar I need and where to buy it all at. After that I'll try to clean and polish this B12 up. It was a smooth accurate little shooter to begin with but I thought this would be a good initial platform to learn on. Plus the trigger needs smoothed out. A guy named Tom Gaylord published an illustrated basic step-by-step article on the Internet for first timers like me who wish to learn how to disassemble and maintain their air rifles. I should have paid more attention to Mr. Gaylord when he cautioned to watch out for machining burrs. I had to dig a small metal splinter out of my hand already and I haven't even cleaned it yet.

Last edited by t165 on March 18th, 2010, 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

March 18th, 2010, 5:39 pm #8

need help call 515-924-3699......a little blood is usual for a first time....