B-21 shooting high

B-21 shooting high

July 25th, 2012, 10:10 pm #1

Just received a new B-21 form a great source.

First sighting shots with the factory irons has everything going high. Like 3 inches high at 30 yds.

Front hooded sight is moved all the way up the ramp, Rear sight is screwed down tight, There is a bit of travel left, and I considered adding washers between the adjusting screw and the sight leg, but that would defeat the "click" mechanism.

Make an extended aperture blade?, Bend the barrel? Shoot at targets farther away?

What to do... what to do?

I have no need of a scope....the PCP's do all the long range shooting I require.

By the way, I'm impressed with the build quality on this B-21. Cocking is easy enough, I'll want to simplify by removing the cocking arm extension.

If I wash the gun in really hot water, will it shrink?

cheers

Cal

July 26th, 2012, 5:44 am #2

at filing down the rear sight blade. Oh, BTW, hot water won't shrink it, it'll just warp the stock and move the POI even more.

July 26th, 2012, 3:05 pm #3

Barrel benders anonymous, here I come
Last edited by CalG on July 26th, 2012, 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

July 27th, 2012, 3:28 pm #4

Barrel bending could be a challenge, that thing is STOUT! First thing I did when I got it was lop 6" off the barrel, and even after that, it's still muzzle heavy. Seems to shoot okay, but I just can't seem to warm up to side levers, and I'm moving away from springers (again). Need to get rid of some guns . Later.

Dave

July 28th, 2012, 3:49 am #5

I'm mostly worried about the cycle of repeated over correction and testing

I like long barrels. If anything, I will consider sportsterizing,
Tapering the barrel, slenderizing the stock, and removing the extra mechanicals from the extendible cocking arm etc. Just lighten up!

But first, I just want to shoot it a bit and see if it's anything worth having.

I must admit that getting more enjoyment than I'm having with the TS-45's is going to be a real challenge! Those little side cockers are back porch riot!