Az State FT Championship PFT side shoot...

Az State FT Championship PFT side shoot...

September 20th, 2010, 4:31 am #1

<p>was a huge success, giving Airgunners of Arizona much valuable information on PFT, as we have never had this before.With input from Ronnie Easton and Wacky Wayne Burns, Steve Timarac and I set out a 5-lane, 10 target, 20 shot course with one forced standing lane. Targets ranged from 1/2" to 1-1/2" set out from 11 to 29 yards. Since we wanted info on guns, scopes, or not, and their ability to knock down targets, the only rules were: NO hand rifles, 14" barrels max, 16X scopes or less, sub-15 fpe and no leaning against trees Rich Woods!( Rich shot the course standing with a red-dot equipped Crosman 1377C pumper as the only "open sight" shooter).</p><p>12 shooter's used pistols that ranged from Wayne Burn's  4.5 fpe Alfa to Tony Inocentes'12 fpe TKO2240. Those shooting low powered guns grouped  in the bottom of the field, while the higher powered pistols were tightly grouped at the top A lot of diversity in style was seen and we had several new to PFT shooters who shot very well, too. PFT newb(s) Steve Montgomery shared his sub-6fpe Morini with his brothers-in-law Ron Drye and Scott Jones and they graciously let Steve finish first in that group. At least that was what they said, since they wanted to enjoy the upcoming Holidays as a family.</p><p>I'll list all the shooters' equipment later after I get a chance to decompress, but here's a list of those who placed at the top. First was Tony Inocentes with 17/20, second was Riz Marquez at 16/20, Guy Omictin took third in a shoot off with Kevin Yee at 15/20 and new PFT shooter Luis Ruiz tied Ron Jobbes  for fifth at 14/20. Luis borrowed a pistol from Lonnie from Norcal and did very well! Ronnie Easton was next at 12/20. These were 8fpe pistols and above. The low power shooters, sub 6 fpe, were led by PFT newb Steve Montgomey at 11/20, Scott Jones at 10/20, Wayne Burns carded an 8/20, Ron Drye did 7/20 and Rich Woods had a 3/20. Interestingly enough, Rich's 3 hits came on targets that gave most of the other shooters fits, and he did them all offhand with a red dot that covered up most of the KZ's and left him guessing at the long range targts in the shade.</p><p>I had a great time ribbing all the shooters about their benchrest styles, use of natural obstacles, or any other thing I could come up with, but most importantly, everyone , including spectators, had a fun time! Pics, etc. to follow when everyone gets home and settled down.</p><p>Airgunners of Arizona sponsor, Airguns of Arizona, had better check their inventory of pistols to keep up with all the newbies wanting to get into PFT.</p><p>RicG</p>
Last edited by wheelsroller on September 20th, 2010, 6:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

September 20th, 2010, 5:19 am #2

Looks as if the CA Crue did well also. You made me proud guys!
And here`s wishing all return to their nests safely.

Regards,

Mark G

September 20th, 2010, 5:31 am #3

<p>was a huge success, giving Airgunners of Arizona much valuable information on PFT, as we have never had this before.With input from Ronnie Easton and Wacky Wayne Burns, Steve Timarac and I set out a 5-lane, 10 target, 20 shot course with one forced standing lane. Targets ranged from 1/2" to 1-1/2" set out from 11 to 29 yards. Since we wanted info on guns, scopes, or not, and their ability to knock down targets, the only rules were: NO hand rifles, 14" barrels max, 16X scopes or less, sub-15 fpe and no leaning against trees Rich Woods!( Rich shot the course standing with a red-dot equipped Crosman 1377C pumper as the only "open sight" shooter).</p><p>12 shooter's used pistols that ranged from Wayne Burn's  4.5 fpe Alfa to Tony Inocentes'12 fpe TKO2240. Those shooting low powered guns grouped  in the bottom of the field, while the higher powered pistols were tightly grouped at the top A lot of diversity in style was seen and we had several new to PFT shooters who shot very well, too. PFT newb(s) Steve Montgomery shared his sub-6fpe Morini with his brothers-in-law Ron Drye and Scott Jones and they graciously let Steve finish first in that group. At least that was what they said, since they wanted to enjoy the upcoming Holidays as a family.</p><p>I'll list all the shooters' equipment later after I get a chance to decompress, but here's a list of those who placed at the top. First was Tony Inocentes with 17/20, second was Riz Marquez at 16/20, Guy Omictin took third in a shoot off with Kevin Yee at 15/20 and new PFT shooter Luis Ruiz tied Ron Jobbes  for fifth at 14/20. Luis borrowed a pistol from Lonnie from Norcal and did very well! Ronnie Easton was next at 12/20. These were 8fpe pistols and above. The low power shooters, sub 6 fpe, were led by PFT newb Steve Montgomey at 11/20, Scott Jones at 10/20, Wayne Burns carded an 8/20, Ron Drye did 7/20 and Rich Woods had a 3/20. Interestingly enough, Rich's 3 hits came on targets that gave most of the other shooters fits, and he did them all offhand with a red dot that covered up most of the KZ's and left him guessing at the long range targts in the shade.</p><p>I had a great time ribbing all the shooters about their benchrest styles, use of natural obstacles, or any other thing I could come up with, but most importantly, everyone , including spectators, had a fun time! Pics, etc. to follow when everyone gets home and settled down.</p><p>Airgunners of Arizona sponsor, Airguns of Arizona, had better check their inventory of pistols to keep up with all the newbies wanting to get into PFT.</p><p>RicG</p>
It was very rewarding to see all your clubmates and some of mine try PFT for the first time and seem having fun and the smiles on their faces.

You planted the seed and I hope your club nurtures it as it is amfun and affordable game!

It was great to finally meet you!

Regards,

Tony

September 20th, 2010, 5:33 am #4

Looks as if the CA Crue did well also. You made me proud guys!
And here`s wishing all return to their nests safely.

Regards,

Mark G
Out to AZ along with JD...you guys will love it, have lots of pics and video to post!

Regards,

Tony

September 20th, 2010, 5:50 am #5

It was very rewarding to see all your clubmates and some of mine try PFT for the first time and seem having fun and the smiles on their faces.

You planted the seed and I hope your club nurtures it as it is amfun and affordable game!

It was great to finally meet you!

Regards,

Tony
<p>Just trying to give back a little to the airgun community that has done so much for me. Had a fantastic time hashing over "things" , as well as dinner and a brew or two,with all the new faces. The PFT match and all the camaraderie made my weekend, because my shooting performance really sucked!, LOL!</p><p>RicG</p>

September 20th, 2010, 6:01 am #6

Shooting and hanging out with. Ya all! I know where you are
Coming from and agree. You did a great job of Community Re-Investment!

Regards,

Tony

September 20th, 2010, 7:59 am #7

Rick, thanks for the shoot, hope to you shoot next time

"A woulda got a higher score if I hadn't missed so many"

Ron @ CASA

September 20th, 2010, 2:27 pm #8

<p>glad to have you shoot and relay some insights on PFT.</p><p>RicG</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p>

September 20th, 2010, 3:24 pm #9

Had a great time.

kevin

<table style="width:auto;"><tr><td></td></tr></table>
http://www.diablofieldtarget.org

September 20th, 2010, 3:37 pm #10

I just knew I was standing to close....lol lol..

20 shots...200 pumps on da 1377C.. hee hee..