Awesome $20 T-Handle Spinner Wrench for motorcycle/ATV work.

Awesome $20 T-Handle Spinner Wrench for motorcycle/ATV work.

March 18th, 2012, 10:20 pm #1

I got one of these awhile back and it's the catz-azz for quickly removing the little bolts that hold body-work, seats, and side covers in place. It's also pretty good for clutch covers. It's good for anything that's not torqued super tight with a fine thread requiring lots of rotations. It doesn't work well in super tight places, but where you can get to the bolt, it makes the work go pretty quickly.

http://www.motionpro.com/motorcycle/partno/08-0496/

March 19th, 2012, 1:26 am #2

I try to keep a 1/4" and a 1/2" socket adapter handy along with a battery drill.

I BRAKE FOR BISCUITS
and TRAINS

March 19th, 2012, 8:50 am #3

and be sure nothing's being stripped, cross-threaded, rounded or broken.

I've seen too many things broken w/ air tools and drill drivers, and broken a few things myself. LOL

It'd be tough to break anything w/ the T-handle. You just don't have the torque, and you can feel resistance and roughness thru the handle.

March 19th, 2012, 2:49 pm #4

and you are correct in being careful with your cared for bikes and personal equipment, I don't even
keep a battery drill at home myself and rarely use air tools at home.

My employment is in an industrial situation and speed is often the overriding concern on getting
equipment back on line. Typically our equipment is overbuilt and the chance of over torquing isn't
that high, although I do try to use the clutch feature on my battery drill when using small fasteners
and have options on airtools to fit to the work also.

I BRAKE FOR BISCUITS
and TRAINS

March 20th, 2012, 1:35 am #5

I have 2 identical 18v cordless drill/drivers and I usually have both on hand (one w/ drill and one w/ driver for my (rough) carpentry projects like putting up a privacy fence or hanging gutters, installing garage doors, assembling Harbor Freight trailers etc. And I've got air tools -- mostly for removing car wheels.

Lol but none of them go near my bikes. lol The yield points come too quickly sometimes. I got pretty good w/ screw extractors in my youth. Haven't had to break them out for awhile. lol