As if This hasn't been asked before.

June 18th, 2017, 1:20 pm #1

IF you were relegated to One airgun of those you currently own, which one makes the cut and why? Myself,I can't decide between my .22 D54 and .177 12 ft lb Pro Sport. Also, Happy Father's Day to All!!

June 18th, 2017, 1:41 pm #2

This has been asked before here? Surely not. How 'bout every couple weeks. That being said i'd keep my AZ-tuned AA410ClassicFAC. An oldie but REALLY goodie.

June 18th, 2017, 2:28 pm #3

IF you were relegated to One airgun of those you currently own, which one makes the cut and why? Myself,I can't decide between my .22 D54 and .177 12 ft lb Pro Sport. Also, Happy Father's Day to All!!
* Cute as hell
* Brain dead accurate.
* Very reliable proven platform.
* jsb 18.1@ 865,jsb 15.9@ 925.
* Backyard/neighborhood friendly
With that being said the FWB 124D is screaming "WHAT ABOUT ME".

June 18th, 2017, 2:43 pm #4

If I were really limited to one, I'd have not only guns to sell, but then it would be silly to keep the compressor and scba tank, and that pellet selection would have to get trimmed, ALL those scopes in the cabinet, oh then the pellcans and a bunch of other stuff as I look around the hobby room.

At this point, I've taken this to far to even keep the hobby if had to be just one. Don't get me wrong, I'd keep the LP2 and make a carbine stock for it wear occasionally (multipurpose, and year round fun). But even then, I'd either get really good with it or let the hobby fad away as I got involved in something else.

It will happen one day, but not this week!

June 18th, 2017, 3:02 pm #5

It does everything I do with an airgun 90% of the time-- standing in my back porch and shooting 1" metal spinners at 30-35 yards in my backyard.
Self contained, superbly accurate, and takes me back to my childhood summers when I spent whole afternoons shooting tin cans with a springer.

I will keep my Clearidge 3-9 scope for it, and keep a backup Williams aperture sight. I don't think I will need anything more. Until I bought the HW77 I didn't know something so close to the perfect airgun was ever built. The only improvement I could think of would be if Weihrauch had put their globe front sight on it, but the post sight is quite usable.

Roy

June 18th, 2017, 3:46 pm #6

The do-it-all airgun.

Open sights....scope....whatever. Tune it up for hunting, tune it down for targets. Not too heavy, but heavy enough to shoot very easily.

Positive locking underlever so you can fit a sling for hunting. Use mine for everything.

Can't think of anything you can't do with an HW77K.

If the house was on fire, I'd grab this one and let the rest burn..

HW77K MK2 25mm piston with oring piston seal:
?1

June 18th, 2017, 4:29 pm #7

I have been trying to set up my 77 with a sling as well, and I was thinking of side mounting the swivels like old military rifles, but this is a better option. Is there a product number etc for the front band?

Also how did you take off the front sight? You seem to have a dovetail in the front. I looked at my 77 and it seems to have an integrated front sight with the lever lock. Were there different models of front sights for the 77 versus the 77K?

Thanks,
Roy

p.s: Apologies to the original poster for hijacking the thread somewhat.

June 18th, 2017, 4:43 pm #8

No worries! Reading the answers to questions is how I learn. Thanks Man! nt

June 18th, 2017, 5:40 pm #9

I have been trying to set up my 77 with a sling as well, and I was thinking of side mounting the swivels like old military rifles, but this is a better option. Is there a product number etc for the front band?

Also how did you take off the front sight? You seem to have a dovetail in the front. I looked at my 77 and it seems to have an integrated front sight with the lever lock. Were there different models of front sights for the 77 versus the 77K?

Thanks,
Roy

The barrel band swivel is from Uncle Mikes. I believe it is the one for the Marlin 1894? They make a bunch, just get one that will fit .630" at the low range of it's stated fitment range.

The front sight blade is held on by a small grubscrew on the top. Remove that screw and it should slide right off.

And yes, you are left with a dovetail underneath that will accept the standard HW globe sight that comes on the break barrels. I believe even the newest HW77K have this same removable sight and dovetail.

Hope that helps!

June 18th, 2017, 5:53 pm #10

Thanks,
Roy

Roy, the earliest HW77's have front sights that are not removable.