Are there any field target events in Washington state?

Are there any field target events in Washington state?

October 5th, 2017, 8:15 pm #1

Hi , I have been watching u tube videos on field target. It looks like a lot of fun! I have a hw80 with a new hawk scope and would like to try field target. Are there any clubs in wa? Thanks Mitch

October 6th, 2017, 4:03 pm #2

they also shoot field target. Great bunch of folks there!

Call JD Dodge

253- 301- one nine zero one

We also have a club that shoots almost every weekend year round here in Southern Oregon... Ashland. We also offer lessons by appointment, and have equipment you can try out before you buy... if you decide to upgrade from the HW80. We have a course that is "Piston Friendly" to learn the game on as well.

If you can make it down for a weekend or a few days anytime, then call or email me

Wayne Burns,
Match Director,
Ashland Air Rifle Range

541-531- six nine two six

or wayne at airgunoregon.com
(change "at" to "@" and no spaces)

October 6th, 2017, 6:59 pm #3

Thanks for the info, I appreciate it! I am thinking of getting a aa s500 and trying this sport, looks like a lot of fun!

October 7th, 2017, 2:10 am #4

AAs400 that has a great FT stock and been tuned for less than the price of a new AAs500. It was listed not long ago and the seller is a great guy you can trust. You do want a single shot version for FT.. the AA400 or AA500 are single shot versions... the 410 and 510 are 10 shot magazines and not as good for FT, but acceptable if you want to hunt with them too.

I have a Falcon single shot that is like the Air Arms you can try before you buy too.

Again, welcome to the sport! here is the link to that AAS400 with great FT stock
http://www.network54.com/Forum/451309/m ... +CHEAP+%21

Wayne
Last edited by WayneBurns on October 7th, 2017, 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

October 7th, 2017, 1:20 pm #5

Thanks for the info, I appreciate it! I am thinking of getting a aa s500 and trying this sport, looks like a lot of fun!
Take along an air rifle if you want. But I think it better to ask Wayne to arrange to squad you with an experienced shooter to show you the ropes and share his rifle (already set-up for FT).

Wayne has lots of contacts and resources to arrange this, so that you can learn the game while also knocking down some targets with a properly prepared airgun. Many clubs around the country prefer to do this with new shooters. (We have too may people attending their first match with an unprepared gun, who then run away disappointed, never to be seen again...)

There are many PCP rifles to buy, and an AA S500 is certainly among them. But attending a match and shooting with someone who is experienced will also expose you to other rifle options that will help you decide what you want, once you decide you're hooked on the game first.
Last edited by MB-BOB on October 7th, 2017, 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.