April Fools sucks,,,No Joke!

April Fools sucks,,,No Joke!

April 1st, 2012, 4:33 pm #1

My PC tower just went up in a smokey clickty-clackity POOF!
NO Joke it cooked itself doing a Windows UpDate(Service Pack 1)VISTA,there goes years of AG info,pictures,ect. and no Carbonite back-up,flash drive,or the like.
Like most I think it will never happen,its not the first time either so I get to start over.AGAIN
At least i have a cheap lap top to get me thru the day/weeks until I buy a new MAC/Apple. No more Windows for me.
If any of you are running "Vista OS" Google--- Service Pack 1 before attempting to download it.
I didn't and its over for my tower.Believe it or not I'm happy its over,,,I will move on without the headache of Microsoft.
I'm still wondering how a company "Microsoft" can peddle a defective product and get away with it??
Even this lap top when bought new 2 years ago and using the latest OS to hit the market Windows 7 at the time less than a month old on the market when i hooked it up and started to load all the BS it needed 28 updates "WTF"???
Could you imagine any car company selling you a new car,then telling you ya can't drive it just yet,it has to go to the garage for several updates,come back tomorrow ,,,we should have it ready,then telling you every month or so ,,,Calling you ,,Please bring your car back now,,it is in need of several critical updates.
Bye-Bye Windows forever!
My wife's MAC laptop going on 5 years old never updated nor screwed with still fires up everyday,at the same speed as when she bought it ,Whats the problem??? Microsoft WINDOWS???
Where's The Donald Trump when ya need him,,, YOUR FIRED !

Best Regards
BBGun Bob
reschlund@wowway.com
S.E. Michigan

"Springers are neat,,One Shot One Bullseye"
BUT ONLY If you can master shooting one ! ! !

April 1st, 2012, 4:42 pm #2

I've been waiting for my Dell to Die, but it still keeps going.

April 1st, 2012, 4:56 pm #3

NO Joke it cooked itself doing a Windows UpDate(Service Pack 1)VISTA,there goes years of AG info,pictures,ect. and no Carbonite back-up,flash drive,or the like.
Like most I think it will never happen,its not the first time either so I get to start over.AGAIN
At least i have a cheap lap top to get me thru the day/weeks until I buy a new MAC/Apple. No more Windows for me.
If any of you are running "Vista OS" Google--- Service Pack 1 before attempting to download it.
I didn't and its over for my tower.Believe it or not I'm happy its over,,,I will move on without the headache of Microsoft.
I'm still wondering how a company "Microsoft" can peddle a defective product and get away with it??
Even this lap top when bought new 2 years ago and using the latest OS to hit the market Windows 7 at the time less than a month old on the market when i hooked it up and started to load all the BS it needed 28 updates "WTF"???
Could you imagine any car company selling you a new car,then telling you ya can't drive it just yet,it has to go to the garage for several updates,come back tomorrow ,,,we should have it ready,then telling you every month or so ,,,Calling you ,,Please bring your car back now,,it is in need of several critical updates.
Bye-Bye Windows forever!
My wife's MAC laptop going on 5 years old never updated nor screwed with still fires up everyday,at the same speed as when she bought it ,Whats the problem??? Microsoft WINDOWS???

Best Regards
BBGun Bob
reschlund@wowway.com
S.E. Michigan

Sorry to hear about your loss but.

PC,s as well as MAC's can fail even if brand new, being a MAC isn't garantee that it won't fail.

Windows Update doesn't have anything to do with your PC going up in flames.

Windows Vista sucks hairy arse, I'll give you that

THe moral of the story is BACK-UP your data, or you'll be sorry, be it windows or mac.

When you least expect it it will fail.

Sick 'em Hoff!!!

April 1st, 2012, 4:59 pm #4

Bye-Bye Windows forever!

Best Regards
BBGun Bob
reschlund@wowway.com
S.E. Michigan

I back up everything.. Twice!

Not that it does much good. New software never runs the old formats.

Glenn
In S. Texas

April 1st, 2012, 5:55 pm #5

Bye-Bye Windows forever!

Best Regards
BBGun Bob
reschlund@wowway.com
S.E. Michigan

who's fault is that. And you can't blame windows because your hardware died! I'm no Windows fan either but the reason Apple doesn't do updates that often? Arrogance pure and simple. I'm sure that will irritate some Apple fanboys, but as a tech who's worked on pc's since the Commodore, I have experience with them all. Don't believe what i say? Working on a Mac one time, got a system message in response to a repair I was attempting. it read: Oh, think your hot s**T don't you! Even better, you know Apple idea of fixing software problems prior to OSX? Re-install the operating system! So don't buy into the Apple BS! ALL operating systems have there problems.

As an experiment, I ran a Windows XP machine for 5 years with no updates. I used my own firewall software and AVG antivirus, and NEVER had one problem!
I worked at a newspaper that had a pc running OS/2 that handled Associated Press feeds that had never been rebooted in 7 years!
Get an extenal drive! many have a button you push, and Voila! instant packup.

Ps Contact me, I may be able to recover your data if the drive's not stone dead.

Know guns, Know peace, know liberty.
No guns, no peace no liberty.

April 1st, 2012, 7:21 pm #6

Bye-Bye Windows forever!

Best Regards
BBGun Bob
reschlund@wowway.com
S.E. Michigan

Same processor, same memory, same power supplies, but you get the privilege of paying an extra 50% for the same performance. If you want to buy an Apple for the superior operating system, by all means, do so but if you think for a minute their HW is any different.....

-Scot

April 1st, 2012, 8:03 pm #7

Bye-Bye Windows forever!

Best Regards
BBGun Bob
reschlund@wowway.com
S.E. Michigan

There are many versions available. All free. Plenty of applications, browsers, email apps, office apps (compatible with windows!) and no viruses to worry about. It's stable and easy to install. I don't know why it isn't more popular.

April 2nd, 2012, 3:30 am #8

Bye-Bye Windows forever!

Best Regards
BBGun Bob
reschlund@wowway.com
S.E. Michigan

<p>If the drive was not fried, you can attach it as a 2nd drive in a good PC and access the files to recover them. </p><p>You can also attach the drive to a USB port with an adapter for that purpose.  These are not very expensive either ( $24.00 or less) and I use one all the time to recover data, often even on "crashed" drives.  So long as it is only the OS that "crashed" I can recover the data on most of them.  If the electronics of the drive fail it is usually not recoverable either, though there are things that can be done like replace the bad circuit board on the drive with another one, but that is not likely to be done unless the data is VERY valuable and worth the cost.  However... if it is a physical crash, where the read/write heads actually touch the surface of the spinning disk and scrape the coating off it... then you are SOL....  nobody can recover that one.</p><p>Bruce/ Revwarnut</p>
Last edited by Revwarnut on April 2nd, 2012, 3:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

April 2nd, 2012, 3:40 pm #9

Same processor, same memory, same power supplies, but you get the privilege of paying an extra 50% for the same performance. If you want to buy an Apple for the superior operating system, by all means, do so but if you think for a minute their HW is any different.....

-Scot
And also can't afford to pay the extra bucks for the same hardware.

http://www.howtogeek.com/76628/online-s ... t-viruses/

Sick 'em Hoff!!!