Apparently I am the winner of a Colt AR 15 .223

Apparently I am the winner of a Colt AR 15 .223

August 7th, 2012, 3:10 am #1

Not really sure what to do with it. Its not my style. Not sure which variant it is yet. Will have to be NY State compliant...which could mean anything at this stage.

Will pick it up this weekend if my NICS check doesn't' find that library fine from 1972.

August 7th, 2012, 3:39 am #2

nt

August 7th, 2012, 5:49 am #3

Not really sure what to do with it. Its not my style. Not sure which variant it is yet. Will have to be NY State compliant...which could mean anything at this stage.

Will pick it up this weekend if my NICS check doesn't' find that library fine from 1972.
I would try to do some trading with you on that one.

August 7th, 2012, 11:54 am #4

That makes it the Match Target HBar version. Heavy barrel, improved adjustable stock, full round ribbed hand guard/heat shield, with a flat topped receiver and carry handle.

Supposed to be a very accurate version of an already accurate platform with an effective range of 500 yards. Still...its a new caliber for me which means more ammo stock to wrangle and re-load.

August 7th, 2012, 2:22 pm #5

I'm not a 'black gun' guy either but bought a Rock River 24" bull bbl varmint version a year ago. As a lifelong rifle and accuracy enthusiest I figured I owed it to myself to explore the format. It shoots factory 77gr match ammo into 1/2" groups with the addition of an EGW rear bag rider. I'm not in love with some aspects of the platform but am glad to have punched out my experience as a shooter by trying it out.
AR's are going to spike in value again with the elections at hand and other recent events. You can play with it a bit and still capture a very high price when ready to move it along.

August 7th, 2012, 3:11 pm #6

I am afraid if I shoot it it will stay here!

Any idea what it should be worth? I see a number of them for sale at $1100 but out of stock. A few in stock were listed at $1500.

I may sit on it and sell during the "election scare". Dang. Two words I thought I would never use side by side.

August 7th, 2012, 6:56 pm #7

Down here south of the NY border used AR's are changing hands for around $750. A little less in PA and a bit more for an NJ compliant version. I say selling because the asking prices are all over the place.

Try it, if its not for you, you loose nothing. Worth no more unfired then if you shoot it in the real world. 223 ammo is relatively inexpensive for a centerfire, buy it in bulk. They are ok for shooting groundhogs and coyote and great plinkers.

August 7th, 2012, 11:08 pm #8

I am afraid if I shoot it it will stay here!

Any idea what it should be worth? I see a number of them for sale at $1100 but out of stock. A few in stock were listed at $1500.

I may sit on it and sell during the "election scare". Dang. Two words I thought I would never use side by side.
I think the word "scare" is more appropriately used when refering to things like...oh...something on the order of Bay of Pigs or similar. There's always folks that just ain't happy unless they're "scared".

Congrats on the rifle! It may not be your style but if you shoot it and can honestly say you don't like it...well, then....you're just full a' crap!...LOL!

August 9th, 2012, 12:30 am #9

That makes it the Match Target HBar version. Heavy barrel, improved adjustable stock, full round ribbed hand guard/heat shield, with a flat topped receiver and carry handle.

Supposed to be a very accurate version of an already accurate platform with an effective range of 500 yards. Still...its a new caliber for me which means more ammo stock to wrangle and re-load.
...or collapsible stock on semi-auto are no-go in NY. All the AR's I see, even though they look like adjustable stocks, are pinned fixed. Really stupid when you think of it