Anywhere to get just the barrel for a B-25/26?

Anywhere to get just the barrel for a B-25/26?

February 6th, 2017, 4:13 pm #1

Pushing a few pellets of a few different kinds each through my Remington Express .22 barrel yielded almost zero resistance and left weird flakes on one side of the skirt which explains the horrible accuracy it's had from the start. Is there a place I can go or do I hope for the best on the classifieds?

February 6th, 2017, 8:14 pm #2

Try Mike Mellick at Flying Dragon Airguns nt

February 7th, 2017, 1:08 am #3

Pushing a few pellets of a few different kinds each through my Remington Express .22 barrel yielded almost zero resistance and left weird flakes on one side of the skirt which explains the horrible accuracy it's had from the start. Is there a place I can go or do I hope for the best on the classifieds?
I have a .22 B-25 barrel on my Express and it is one of the most accurate springers I own. Make sure you clean it well and shim the breach o-ring. They all need it. The barrel will need about 500 shots to get "leaded in" but after that you should have a keeper.

February 7th, 2017, 1:59 pm #4

Just out of curiosity. For a rifle I got for $73 shipped it's got an incredible trigger, and after opening it up to smooth out EVERYTHING inside the shot cycle has mellowed out a bit but 3-4" groups at 10 yards tells me there's something holding back its potential

February 7th, 2017, 2:01 pm #5

Will do, thanks. NT

February 7th, 2017, 3:23 pm #6

Just out of curiosity. For a rifle I got for $73 shipped it's got an incredible trigger, and after opening it up to smooth out EVERYTHING inside the shot cycle has mellowed out a bit but 3-4" groups at 10 yards tells me there's something holding back its potential
How much pressure does it take you to push most pellets through? Ideally, the weight of the rod held vertically should not do it by itself, but it shouldn't take no 5lbs to drive it through either. What does the engraved rifling pattern on the pellets look like after pushing them through? Very deep, none at all?

February 8th, 2017, 1:08 am #7

The rifling doesn't leave much of an impression and it leaves lead flakes on one side of the skirt. I only mounted the scope because I thought the lighting in my basement was messing up my ability to use open sights but no change in groups and the scope worked fine on another rifle

February 8th, 2017, 3:27 am #8

for the barrel to be constricted in the breech block area. If the pellet is snug for an inch or so after you get it to enter the breach fully, then loosens up to nearly nothing, that's likely your problem.

If there is no appreciable tight section near the breach, only resistance as the skirt passes the base of the bore, you have a different problem.

I would try pushing a pellet from the muzzle, after checking the crown, since it's also common to find burrs there that will wipe out any riffling marks on one side of the skirt.

I'd be interested in hearing what you discover, but firelapping is my usual solution when I find this problem on cheap guns.

Rarely(but I've seen it) one of the rear sight holes is drilled and tapped too deep, and puts a tight spot in the bore at the base of the hole. Even more rare(fortunately) is a sight screw hole that goes into the bore...that bore will never shoot, chop the barrel off for a project and get a new one.
Last edited by classicalgas on February 8th, 2017, 3:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

February 8th, 2017, 12:47 pm #9

I had this issue. The hinge bushing pushed a pressure ridge into the barrel. Only option was to remove the barrel from the breach block, cut out the bad section, re-chamber and machine to fit (which I did). Much easier to buy a new barrel assembly.

February 8th, 2017, 2:48 pm #10

Ran a fine bristled copper brush wrapped in a patch with some oil on it through the barrel about a dozen times until they came out clean and did a quick re-crown with a round metal grinding bit and it's actually grouping. Boy do I feel like a *******. I cleaned the bore after the first few shots left a black ring on the rim of the paper hole when it first arrived but it dieseled like crazy up until a little less than 100 shots ago so that probably had something to do with it