YF
Posted Apr 7, 2012 5:28 PM

You cannot post hear anymore!

http://www.iqtest.dk/main.swf

just messin with ya

Harv
You were the only one that heard that.

April 8th, 2012, 2:31 am #5

Is this a real test of one of those where you fail because you didn't read the instructions which told you not to take the test? (I got burned by one of those before)

Harv

April 8th, 2012, 5:56 am #6

Not much of a test, all this does is test your ability to spot patterns and relationships.

April 8th, 2012, 4:05 pm #7

is similar to one I took in the 60s, to tell if I had the talent to program computers. After I took it the instructor said to get a good mark is a talent that can not be learned. Something like music, you have to be born with it.
Jim

April 8th, 2012, 6:17 pm #8

Is this a real test of one of those where you fail because you didn't read the instructions which told you not to take the test? (I got burned by one of those before)

Harv
Ability to follow explicit directions & measure spatial ability...

I was burnt myself, Great lesson learned though.

Prior to completing my Scuba Certification, A lengthy test was administered with the instructor stressing the importance of reading all the questions before beginning the test.
Everyone was feverishly answering the questions in the short time allotted for the test. The last question was, Discard this test and I will meet you at the Pub across the street, I will buy a round for the first five students.
The Prick didn't buy one single round! LOL

April 8th, 2012, 6:32 pm #9

Not much of a test, all this does is test your ability to spot patterns and relationships.
I was administered a battery of tests such as this one when considering the Navy flight program. Critical in evaluating the potential of future pilots. I qualified but, My buddy did not, Wound up in another branch of the Military, First of my many mistakes!

Visual-Spatial Intelligence

Definition: Visual-Spatial intelligence refers to the ancient hunter-gatherer ability to represent the outer world internally in your mind. It's the ability to hold the world visually in your mind "the way a sailor or pilot navigates the large spatial world, or the way a chess player or sculptor represents a more circumscribed spatial world". It gives you the ability to know where you are in space. If you find it easy to visualise things as though you were an observer taking up different positions, like a fly-on-the-wall, then you are strong in this intelligence. Spatial intelligence predominates in the arts and in science.

Usually found in: chess players, painters, architects, sculptors, theoretical physicists, war strategists, navigators, illusionists, graphic artists, designers, cartographers, film makers.

Famous examples: Pablo Picasso, Leonardo da Vinci, Frank Lloyd Wright, Steven Spielberg

Visual Spatial Intelligence traits:

likes art, drawing, sculpture, painting
good at directions, reading maps
can visualise or imagine vividly
remembers in pictures (photographic memory)
appreciates colors
uses metaphor
often found doodling
speaks fast
thinks in pictures (...worth a thousand words)
tends to look at the "big picture"
likes to watch the video when listening to songs
uses language like "it looks good to me" or "I see what you mean!"

Exercises to strengthen visual-spatial intelligence:

do mind-mapping
visualize scenarios and goals you want to attain
create and watch videos!
take photographs
practice orienteering with maps
use visual posters, flash cards and symbols
highlight info with color
use computer aided graphics
merge art with other subjects
feel free to doodle when studying or thinking
make diagrams and maps
estimate distances
imagine yourself going through different buildings
imagine looking at yourself from above, below, very close up, far away
do image streaming
visualize geometric structures, rotate them in your mind, sit inside them, give them colors

April 8th, 2012, 8:40 pm #10

I'm just stating that it is only testing a very speciffic area of intelligence, which is the fundamental flaw in IQ tests. A high score in this test shows one's stengths in nothing but a sliver of general intelligence as a whole (there are 8 others besides "Spatial).

I didn't mean for it to come off as if it were pointless/meaningless. I did sit for 20 some minutes to take it myself, hehe.

One thing that messed me up is that it mentioned the problems gradually get harder as the test progresses...that didn't sit well with me. To some extent that is true, but by the time I was half way in I was looking for more complex relationships than were the case. I made it harder than it was, often "discovering" the relationships suddenly, realizing it was less complex than expected. I think the problems should be randomly scrambled, or they should not have the statement saying that the difficulty progresses.