Anyone play with blow guns here?

Anyone play with blow guns here?

June 11th, 2012, 4:22 am #1

I have two small .40 Cal blow guns. I am thinking about getting a bog bore blow gun. I am curious if anyone has compared the two. Are there any things I should consider? Any drawbacks, plusses?

Thanks.

Sasq

June 11th, 2012, 4:38 pm #2

I've been shooting a 5' Cold Steel for years, and don't even use the .40s anymore. The power difference is surprising. I shoot outdoors, so finding darts can be an issue-the long bamboo darts really help there.
Buy a bunch of bamboo darts so you can sort them for straightness. The steel "needle" and the old broadhead are the best hunting darts, but the bamboo works better for me. I use a WallyWorld styrofoam archery target alot.
Regards,
Jeff

June 11th, 2012, 4:43 pm #3

I have two small .40 Cal blow guns. I am thinking about getting a bog bore blow gun. I am curious if anyone has compared the two. Are there any things I should consider? Any drawbacks, plusses?

Thanks.

Sasq
Pneumatic power and lot's of fun........practical too. I've entered the world of mini blow guns by using an aluminum arrow of the proper size to use the softair plastic pellets. Only for fun, but not lethal.
In the standard size blowguns, use nicotine as a poison for a quicker kill. Put a number of darts in a shot glass with a cigarette overnight. The dart will rust and absorbe the nicotine.
If you have a chrono adjust the fit to your personal optimum length. We all have more or less push within us. Enjoy!

June 11th, 2012, 5:32 pm #4

Thanks.

Sasq
I've been tempted to get a blowgun for a couple of years. Can someone suggest a good web based vendor? What sort of things should a noob keep in mind when buying one? I'll just use it for plinking, and targets.

June 13th, 2012, 3:36 am #5

Thanks.

Sasq
Tried a few different blowguns and only coldsteel magnum .625 blowguns really shine through.They are well made,heavy duty,great dart selection and pack a punch. The penetration is twice that of any other make.darts are readily available and price is very reasonable. Don't waste your time,go right for the coldsteel and you'll be pleased. Try survivor geek.com,spend a hundred dollars and ships free.buy a few dart guns and extra darts and it right at $100