Anyone familiar with David Slade at Airgunwerks?

Anyone familiar with David Slade at Airgunwerks?

April 18th, 2017, 4:40 pm #1

Has anyone sent anything to Airgunwerks recently for repair. I'm just trying to get some idea of time frame. I sent a P1 about a month ago. He hasn't contacted me for payment and hasn't responded to email. I'm not worried as he has a reputation for excellent and timely work. I'm just wondering if this is normal.

April 18th, 2017, 5:10 pm #2

Usual turnaround with David is 6 weeks or so.

April 18th, 2017, 5:25 pm #3

Then I just need to be a little more patient.

April 18th, 2017, 6:09 pm #4

Has anyone sent anything to Airgunwerks recently for repair. I'm just trying to get some idea of time frame. I sent a P1 about a month ago. He hasn't contacted me for payment and hasn't responded to email. I'm not worried as he has a reputation for excellent and timely work. I'm just wondering if this is normal.
His response was six weeks turnaround.

April 18th, 2017, 6:44 pm #5

+1 on six weeks turn around. Did my FWB 124D 9 month's ago.

April 18th, 2017, 10:34 pm #6

Turnaround for my 97K. But he told me that upfront.
Excellent work.

April 18th, 2017, 10:47 pm #7

it was well worth the wait. Did my FWB 124D and it is excellent. Would not use anyone else.

April 18th, 2017, 11:26 pm #8

Sent a MFR off to him 2 weeks ago. After he received it he emailed me that the wait time is 6-7 weeks before receiving it back in my hands. I replied that I will patiently wait my turn in line. The results are always worth the wait.

April 19th, 2017, 1:39 am #9

I sent a TX200 in for a few repairs and a tune. He told 6-8 weeks, I got mine back at about seven weeks. I'll go there again, we talked tuning my Walther LGU.

April 19th, 2017, 4:17 am #10

...But, yes, be prepared for a 6-8 week turnaround.

David has worked on at least six of my airguns, over the last 10-12 years.

Matt
Last edited by MattSpigner on April 19th, 2017, 4:19 am, edited 1 time in total.