Anyone beside me excited about the upcoming Nationals.....................

Anyone beside me excited about the upcoming Nationals.....................

September 23rd, 2010, 1:27 pm #1

FT has been slow this year up this way. Since Westfield folded and Whopla went down the only game in town is a 85 mile ride to Haverhill, Ma and what ever long distance traveling I can afford. Other than my backyard game I have shot four events this year. With October hosting the Nationals and the Mass State my FT may be soon over till next spring. I am hoping to make it to the NY State title in November providing the weather and my wallet cooperates. I envy you guys in California with so many clubs hosting shoots although I'm aware that some of you do quite a bit of traveling to play this game. How many of you west coasters are planning on coming east for the Nationals? How about anyone from Arizona or Texas?
Last edited by dayjd on September 23rd, 2010, 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

September 23rd, 2010, 2:56 pm #2

<p>unless I've missed them.  Haven't been stories or pics of work being done to prepare or to advertise the venue . Didn't hear of anyone going from AZ, Wayne Burns from OR said he may go to the CA match after shooting in AZ this past week and skip the Nat's. and the CA guys didn't have much to say either, but Guy Omictin is going from NorCal and Tim MAC1 from SoCal. Good Luck, Bill!</p><p>RicG</p>
Last edited by wheelsroller on September 23rd, 2010, 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

September 23rd, 2010, 3:20 pm #3

FT has been slow this year up this way. Since Westfield folded and Whopla went down the only game in town is a 85 mile ride to Haverhill, Ma and what ever long distance traveling I can afford. Other than my backyard game I have shot four events this year. With October hosting the Nationals and the Mass State my FT may be soon over till next spring. I am hoping to make it to the NY State title in November providing the weather and my wallet cooperates. I envy you guys in California with so many clubs hosting shoots although I'm aware that some of you do quite a bit of traveling to play this game. How many of you west coasters are planning on coming east for the Nationals? How about anyone from Arizona or Texas?
at my local club and other clubs are trying to get me in the mindset to go, but it'd be a last minute decision if I do. Only West Coasters that are gonna roll there for sure that I am aware of are Guy Omictin, Tim McMurray and Doug and Vipha Miller.

We got plenty of shoots here in Cali and to be honest the driving isn't bad. Driving to Los Angeles or Ashland, OR shoots is like 5 hours and can typically camp/sleep at or near the locations. Diablo Rod and Gun Club is about 30 - 45 minutes from me and Golden State Field Target Club is 1:45 minutes from me.

Regards,

Tony

September 23rd, 2010, 3:35 pm #4

I realize it sure ain't 'the best of times', but it is at times like these that we should try to 'step it up', to keep this thing we love 'alive' (especially at the Nationals).

HookEm

September 23rd, 2010, 3:46 pm #5

on shooting Ashland, OR in OCT and NOV, plus all the local shoots at Diablo Rod and Gun Club and Golden State Field Target Club in those months plus the CA State Match this weekend and another So Cal match in OCT and DEC...Plus I'm heading to Disneyland in NOV as my daughter is performing and being filmed for their Christmas Day televised entertainment...pretty busy, so time and energy are limited, lol!!!

Hopefully I will get on a plane with a rifle and pistol and meet y'all over there!

Regards,

Tony

September 23rd, 2010, 3:56 pm #6

It has been about 6 years since a National has been held on the east coast I believe. Anyone coming to the Nationals with a proposal? That Arizona site looked pretty awesome too! You guys keep it up and you'll have me moving out that way. LOL!
P.S I think Mike Flickman has registered and Brian Williams was going to the last time I see him which was in July.
Last edited by dayjd on September 23rd, 2010, 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

September 23rd, 2010, 3:56 pm #7

on shooting Ashland, OR in OCT and NOV, plus all the local shoots at Diablo Rod and Gun Club and Golden State Field Target Club in those months plus the CA State Match this weekend and another So Cal match in OCT and DEC...Plus I'm heading to Disneyland in NOV as my daughter is performing and being filmed for their Christmas Day televised entertainment...pretty busy, so time and energy are limited, lol!!!

Hopefully I will get on a plane with a rifle and pistol and meet y'all over there!

Regards,

Tony

September 23rd, 2010, 4:14 pm #8

It has been about 6 years since a National has been held on the east coast I believe. Anyone coming to the Nationals with a proposal? That Arizona site looked pretty awesome too! You guys keep it up and you'll have me moving out that way. LOL!
P.S I think Mike Flickman has registered and Brian Williams was going to the last time I see him which was in July.
That would be awesome if you moved out west, guarantee there is no lack of FT venues!

AZ is an amazing course up at Mormon Lake! I haven't shot at the other AZ venues as they normally hold shoots at 3 or 4 different locations, including the property where the AZ State Match is held.

Hopefully more folks sign up for the nats my friend.

Regards,

Tony

September 23rd, 2010, 4:18 pm #9

expiration dates on us, so better enjoy it while ya can, physically, emotionally, mentally, and economically.

Regards,

Tony

September 23rd, 2010, 6:21 pm #10

at my local club and other clubs are trying to get me in the mindset to go, but it'd be a last minute decision if I do. Only West Coasters that are gonna roll there for sure that I am aware of are Guy Omictin, Tim McMurray and Doug and Vipha Miller.

We got plenty of shoots here in Cali and to be honest the driving isn't bad. Driving to Los Angeles or Ashland, OR shoots is like 5 hours and can typically camp/sleep at or near the locations. Diablo Rod and Gun Club is about 30 - 45 minutes from me and Golden State Field Target Club is 1:45 minutes from me.

Regards,

Tony
Great shooting last weekend in AZ. Be a shame to miss a National when you're about to peak ;>)