Anybody used a Leupold 7-42x56mm ?

Anybody used a Leupold 7-42x56mm ?

September 27th, 2017, 12:33 am #1

Looks like a really nice scope and light compared to many of the big adjustable mag ones out there.

https://www.leupold.com/scopes/rifle-sc ... -7-42x56mm

Looks like it's been out a lot longer than I thought. Never seen one in use - you?

Last edited by SDplinker on September 27th, 2017, 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

September 27th, 2017, 12:56 am #2

No 16x mark - nt.

September 27th, 2017, 2:40 pm #3

Looks like a really nice scope and light compared to many of the big adjustable mag ones out there.

https://www.leupold.com/scopes/rifle-sc ... -7-42x56mm

Looks like it's been out a lot longer than I thought. Never seen one in use - you?
Casey

I had two of the first ones that Leupold made a few years back. At the time, they could not get the scopes to parallax adjust close enough to work for FT while maintaining at least a 55 yard far parallax correction. Even when set at 15 yards (intended to use with a close focus adapter) on the close end, it would not resolve an image at 55 yards.

That said, they may have figured it out in the mean time to make it work....I'd call the custom shop and ask. The rep at Worlds said he thinks it can be done, but I want to hear it from the horses mouth myself. The scope was beautiful and the reticle was great. If they can make it work, I'd love to check one out again.

September 27th, 2017, 5:05 pm #4

Well played

September 27th, 2017, 5:21 pm #5

Casey

I had two of the first ones that Leupold made a few years back. At the time, they could not get the scopes to parallax adjust close enough to work for FT while maintaining at least a 55 yard far parallax correction. Even when set at 15 yards (intended to use with a close focus adapter) on the close end, it would not resolve an image at 55 yards.

That said, they may have figured it out in the mean time to make it work....I'd call the custom shop and ask. The rep at Worlds said he thinks it can be done, but I want to hear it from the horses mouth myself. The scope was beautiful and the reticle was great. If they can make it work, I'd love to check one out again.
In the video clip from the worlds sounded like a promising solution. I like my Sightron but when I did have a Leupold Comp very briefly it was so nice have a light scope up top.

September 27th, 2017, 11:19 pm #6

Casey

K