Anybody think that Gamo will dominate this industry?

Anybody think that Gamo will dominate this industry?

September 23rd, 2006, 3:54 pm #1

In terms of adult airgun sales?

They definitely are making serious promotion and looks like Beeman will be left on the wayside.

If "I" was a tuner/aftermarket parts supplier....

ofcourse i'm just posting this to say that I posted first...again

September 23rd, 2006, 6:23 pm #2

First, their new stuff doesn't appear to be (from what I can see advertised) as well made as their prior line. A case of less is more as regards the "bull" barrels, et cetera. Second, a lot of new buyers are going to go to their department stores looking for Gamos only to find Winchester 1000's, the new Remingtons and Crosmans. I'm seeing more and more of these at places like Dick's and WalMart these days and less of the better, read that more expensive Gamos.

There seem to be two airgun markets. Those sold in stores like WalMart and those through the airgun dealers. BTW, Beeman's offerings include a lot of Spanish guns that don't even look as appealing as the low end Gamos. They've certainly gone down since the Doc retired.

What, me worry???

September 23rd, 2006, 6:49 pm #3

They definitely are making serious promotion and looks like Beeman will be left on the wayside.

I agree with Redfeather. The new guns don't turn me on. The old models are not discontinued- its just GamoUSA is not importing some of them. That could well change if QA/QC issues erode margins. The CFX is probably the best offering (price/ quality) they have at the moment. I also like the 1250's (British made) but they are targeted to a small audience.

September 23rd, 2006, 7:11 pm #4

Thought they were discontinued.

I was thinking earlier that Gamos are a bit like cheap telescopes. Meade sells some fairly cheap scopes in places like WalMart. They aren't much of a bargain and have turned a lot of people off on astronomy. Meade's better scopes are an entirely different line. Two levels of scopes for two markets.

I'm going to give it a rest in the Gamo vs the World arena for a while. Look at my Yellow post from the other day and you'll see that, instead of discussing the issue, it became a string on adjusting the Daisy 7XX series. All because of a picture of a Daisy that someone included. Instead of AA airguns, those guys should like into ADD.

Good luck, amigos!

What, me worry???

September 23rd, 2006, 8:53 pm #5

I thought it was rather funny thenway it turned into a Daisy 7X7 thread so fast. The real kicker is I really don't thibk its what ricdoug intended when he included that photo in his post.

Pennsylvania Pistolero
http://airgunartisans.com

September 23rd, 2006, 9:33 pm #6

I was thinking earlier that Gamos are a bit like cheap telescopes. Meade sells some fairly cheap scopes in places like WalMart. They aren't much of a bargain and have turned a lot of people off on astronomy. Meade's better scopes are an entirely different line. Two levels of scopes for two markets.

I'm going to give it a rest in the Gamo vs the World arena for a while. Look at my Yellow post from the other day and you'll see that, instead of discussing the issue, it became a string on adjusting the Daisy 7XX series. All because of a picture of a Daisy that someone included. Instead of AA airguns, those guys should like into ADD.

Good luck, amigos!

What, me worry???
line retailers. For a .22 you'll have to order from Germany or Iraq. Iraq has the largest selection of airguns and no power restrictions.

September 24th, 2006, 12:54 am #7

Good luck, amigos!

What, me worry???
asked if any manufacture was honest about their velocity. The 7X7's will definately shoot 360 feet per second or better. The mods were a result of further questioning in that thread. Ric

September 24th, 2006, 1:18 am #8

Just put the first 30 or 40 shots thru it and the scope rail came loose !!! RWS one peice adj. mount and 3-12x44 BSA airgun scope.I have five other Gamo's set up pretty much the same way and never had a problem,and there's several thousand rounds thru them.I do have a B21 with the same problem though and it's vertually brand new also.Are the new Gamo's made in Spain or China?

September 24th, 2006, 1:21 am #9

asked if any manufacture was honest about their velocity. The 7X7's will definately shoot 360 feet per second or better. The mods were a result of further questioning in that thread. Ric
to bring it up now and then, but you know there's been enough said when even BMUS starts shooting himself in the foot.

September 24th, 2006, 1:23 am #10

Just put the first 30 or 40 shots thru it and the scope rail came loose !!! RWS one peice adj. mount and 3-12x44 BSA airgun scope.I have five other Gamo's set up pretty much the same way and never had a problem,and there's several thousand rounds thru them.I do have a B21 with the same problem though and it's vertually brand new also.Are the new Gamo's made in Spain or China?
even close to anything like that happen. Send it back goes without saying. You won't have a prob getting a new one.