Anybody familiar with the Titan line of rifles...Falcon predessors

Anybody familiar with the Titan line of rifles...Falcon predessors

April 7th, 2012, 1:47 am #1

Well my gun from the auction get's here next Wednesday (forgive my spelling, just not feeling the typing thing today) Anyways I was wondering what a safe fill pressure would be for this gun. I figured it'd be the typical 3000 psi, I might just start it off at 2500 and see what happens. But I know these are older guns and I don't want to risk something that might damage the gun or be unsafe. However I'd figured I'd check with you guys first, generally I know my stuff, but I'm really unfamiliar with these guns. All I know is Bowckeet made them and they're older. Appreciate any help guys thanks.

Semper Fi,
Derek
Last edited by Stealth_Warrior on April 7th, 2012, 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

April 7th, 2012, 2:31 am #2

My FN-19 an early one was stamped S.W.P. 2700 psi.

From time to time Everyone should squish some mudd between their toe's!!!!!!

April 7th, 2012, 2:40 am #3

Well my gun from the auction get's here next Wednesday (forgive my spelling, just not feeling the typing thing today) Anyways I was wondering what a safe fill pressure would be for this gun. I figured it'd be the typical 3000 psi, I might just start it off at 2500 and see what happens. But I know these are older guns and I don't want to risk something that might damage the gun or be unsafe. However I'd figured I'd check with you guys first, generally I know my stuff, but I'm really unfamiliar with these guns. All I know is Bowckeet made them and they're older. Appreciate any help guys thanks.

Semper Fi,
Derek
Hello Derek,

From the picture I think your gun is a Falcon, if it's a Titan marked rifle, it must be one of the last Titan made or one of the first Falcons. Either way the 2500 psi start fill should be a good place to start. The Titan I have I fill to 2400 psi because if I fill it higher the speed drops from being over full and the hammer can't overcome the pressure. If yours is a true Titan it may have the same results. If it's a Falcon (and I think it might be by the bolt and receiver style) you should be able it fill it higher, but you'll have to adjust the power curve to get the shot count where it will be more efficient. Do you have a chronograph? It would be a great help if you do.

HTH...
Howard.

April 7th, 2012, 2:54 am #4

Semper Fi,
Derek
NT.

"The Universe is comprised mainly of two things.. hydrogen and ignorance."
John Dobson
Inventor, astronomer and metaphysical thinker.

April 7th, 2012, 3:43 am #5

Hello Derek,

From the picture I think your gun is a Falcon, if it's a Titan marked rifle, it must be one of the last Titan made or one of the first Falcons. Either way the 2500 psi start fill should be a good place to start. The Titan I have I fill to 2400 psi because if I fill it higher the speed drops from being over full and the hammer can't overcome the pressure. If yours is a true Titan it may have the same results. If it's a Falcon (and I think it might be by the bolt and receiver style) you should be able it fill it higher, but you'll have to adjust the power curve to get the shot count where it will be more efficient. Do you have a chronograph? It would be a great help if you do.

HTH...
Howard.
The biggest problem is it doesnt have any real marking that I know...I guess I'll see when i get it. However it was advertised as "custom". That was the only thing to describe it. Maybe it's the best option just to fill to 2500 and just go up in 100 psi increments. Just wasn't sure if there was a set number. However according to the replies it seems there is some mixed numbers. I reckon I'll just have to do my own testing and see what I come up with. I'll let you guys know the results. I might put this on the market soon, it was one of those impulse buys lol. Gonna play around with it a little first. Thanks for the help.

Semper Fi,
Derek

April 7th, 2012, 10:05 am #6

Semper Fi,
Derek
i have similar falcon fn-19 like yours, and it have marked at the breech 2700 psi standart working pressure.

hope it help
markus

April 7th, 2012, 1:53 pm #7

Hello Derek,

HTH...
Howard.
As Howard pointed out,two things that define the early Titans are the sloped breech and small peg like loading bolt.

Neither Titan or Falcon guns are stamped with the makers name, only a small sticker found either on the air tube or stock define who made it.
Fill pressure should be stamped on the breech.
Your rifle looks to have a custom stock as neither Titan or Falcon offered that style.

I have reproduced the original Titan stickers and offer them free to any Titan owner who needs to replace a damaged or lost sticker.

"Love them Walthers"
Hell I love them ALL

Tom Strayhorn
Catawissa Missouri

April 7th, 2012, 2:25 pm #8

Semper Fi,
Derek
I picked this up a while back. It's a Titan (Pre-Falcon). Really beautiful wood, but she's a closet queen. It'd be good for off the grid.

It doesn't have any sticker on it though that T-Stray mentions

Joe Brancato 714-612-5956

For AirTanks, Custom Hoses, Fittings, Gauges, etc.
please click here http://www.AirTanksForSale.com

April 7th, 2012, 4:44 pm #9

As Howard pointed out,two things that define the early Titans are the sloped breech and small peg like loading bolt.

Neither Titan or Falcon guns are stamped with the makers name, only a small sticker found either on the air tube or stock define who made it.
Fill pressure should be stamped on the breech.
Your rifle looks to have a custom stock as neither Titan or Falcon offered that style.

I have reproduced the original Titan stickers and offer them free to any Titan owner who needs to replace a damaged or lost sticker.

"Love them Walthers"
Hell I love them ALL

Tom Strayhorn
Catawissa Missouri

I don't know man, they kinda all look really similar to me. I can't tell for sure.

April 7th, 2012, 4:46 pm #10

i have similar falcon fn-19 like yours, and it have marked at the breech 2700 psi standart working pressure.

hope it help
markus
nnt