Any other motocross archery shooting Airgun junkies out there???

Any other motocross archery shooting Airgun junkies out there???

May 10th, 2012, 3:28 am #1

I had the time of my life tonite and monday nite. I got out 3d archery shooting monday with my girl freind and my archery buddy. Man we had a blast! No score keeping at all just good ole fashion shootem up fun. No binoculars or range finders just best guess and go! My longest shot was at a mule deer down a hill behind some brush. 67 yrds I guessed it at 70! All night long my worst yardage was 8 yards off but mostly with in 4 yrds or less. We walked thru the woods and called out shots. We were the only people shooitng the course so no worry about anyone being in the way!

Man that is the way to shoot IMO really gets you ready for hunting season and judging yardage is a value for air rifling too :D. I must say my lady shoot very well too. I was surprised as she doesnt shoot that much.

Then tonite I got new springs for my Honda CRF450R last weekend well we got rained out so tonite we got out to test them and dial it in. I tell ya it was a blast. FLying thru the air blasting thru the puddles and there were some BIG puddles! I was out of commision most of last year as I had bought a old house and had to do alot of repair. PLus build a garage. So to get back out there has been great. My son loves to ride. Just a really good moto nite :D

Last edited by jimineecricket on May 10th, 2012, 3:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

May 10th, 2012, 6:57 am #2

crotch rocket.I don`t know if any of that interests you?

May 10th, 2012, 11:51 am #3

I had the time of my life tonite and monday nite. I got out 3d archery shooting monday with my girl freind and my archery buddy. Man we had a blast! No score keeping at all just good ole fashion shootem up fun. No binoculars or range finders just best guess and go! My longest shot was at a mule deer down a hill behind some brush. 67 yrds I guessed it at 70! All night long my worst yardage was 8 yards off but mostly with in 4 yrds or less. We walked thru the woods and called out shots. We were the only people shooitng the course so no worry about anyone being in the way!

Man that is the way to shoot IMO really gets you ready for hunting season and judging yardage is a value for air rifling too :D. I must say my lady shoot very well too. I was surprised as she doesnt shoot that much.

Then tonite I got new springs for my Honda CRF450R last weekend well we got rained out so tonite we got out to test them and dial it in. I tell ya it was a blast. FLying thru the air blasting thru the puddles and there were some BIG puddles! I was out of commision most of last year as I had bought a old house and had to do alot of repair. PLus build a garage. So to get back out there has been great. My son loves to ride. Just a really good moto nite :D
family and friends in church. Still find time to shoot

Airguns(only 5-6, but more than I need)

Bows (PSE catylist compound) and make come of my own.

ATV's around the farm and friends

1 motorcycle (little Suzuki savage, not a big power guy)

and we try to camp about 8-10 times in the summer.

All this, plus a job and helping dad on the farms.....makes for little sleep time.

God bless,

Farmer

May 10th, 2012, 2:00 pm #4

I had a 1984 550cc Honda interceptor for while and KZ750 a reasoned even on my goldwing I am not mature enough to have all that FUN underneath me and resorted to dirt :D.

My last ATVs were a kxf400 06 which was a very nice sport quad but not enough power for me. And a much missed sold due to divorce Yamaha Banshee 350 twin slightly modded and set up for motocross. Man I miss that Banshee mostly the power and the wial of that 2 cylincer two stoke! they have a sound all their own!

SO what type of riding and shooting do you do???

May 10th, 2012, 2:04 pm #5

family and friends in church. Still find time to shoot

Airguns(only 5-6, but more than I need)

Bows (PSE catylist compound) and make come of my own.

ATV's around the farm and friends

1 motorcycle (little Suzuki savage, not a big power guy)

and we try to camp about 8-10 times in the summer.

All this, plus a job and helping dad on the farms.....makes for little sleep time.

God bless,

Farmer
Money can always be made or done with out but time can not be made or saved only spent. So if I can get out of work early I am there! long as we have what we need and little extra for fun its all good. Life is way too short to waste making money for someone else IMO.

I dont have alot of rifles either. BUt I feel I have alot of them. I am at right around 6 and my son has 2. I would like to added a big bore but dont have anything to hunt with it so its hard to justify one at this time in my life. Then I would like to swap some out for different ones and will someday. I got to that content place for the most part in my collection. I have 2 bows one for spot shooting and one for hunting and 3d. At one time I have a dozen bows.

WHat type of farming do yo do??
Last edited by jimineecricket on May 10th, 2012, 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

May 10th, 2012, 2:39 pm #6

Would love to hear more about your "sickness"...LOL

May 10th, 2012, 3:37 pm #7

too many AGs to bother keeping track of if I count in all the projects on the bench
always had a few bikes...mostly vintage British iron
just inherited a collection of vintage flat track race bikes
Rickmans, Moto Guzzi, Norton, Ducatti, MV, ect that I will be needing to sell...maybe keep one for sentimental reasons

May 10th, 2012, 5:05 pm #8

Money can always be made or done with out but time can not be made or saved only spent. So if I can get out of work early I am there! long as we have what we need and little extra for fun its all good. Life is way too short to waste making money for someone else IMO.

I dont have alot of rifles either. BUt I feel I have alot of them. I am at right around 6 and my son has 2. I would like to added a big bore but dont have anything to hunt with it so its hard to justify one at this time in my life. Then I would like to swap some out for different ones and will someday. I got to that content place for the most part in my collection. I have 2 bows one for spot shooting and one for hunting and 3d. At one time I have a dozen bows.

WHat type of farming do yo do??
hired help

I will own them someday, let me tell you this though.....I am in NO HURRY to get them. Much rather have him than the farms.

Mostly beef. IF we raise something else, its to support the beef. Corn-sileage for winter feed.
Hay-winter feed.

Grand-daddy raised hogs for local sausage for years, till the Gubment came in and tried to impose all these regulations on him......and also did beef.

Beef is really ideal for us, as long as you keep an eye on them, keep them healthy, and keep them fenced they are pretty low maintenance. Probably 160 head right now between the 2 farms.

almost forgot.

Barnett revolution crosbow. Hasn't been shot much. hard hitter, about as accurate as a muzzle-loader to 65 yds. Hard to cock. Fun to shoot, but destroys bolts.

God bless,

Farmer

May 11th, 2012, 2:09 am #9

Would love to hear more about your "sickness"...LOL

I had 3 leauges going and practice. I would eat breath and @arp archery :D.

THen motocross hit me at 40yrs old. HA now thats the time to take up a young mans game. I was so obsessed when I crashed and popped my lung dislocated my strenum and shatter my top rib. I was back out riding in 2 weeks :O Ya that was me no stopping a man on a mission.

Airguns I have shot alot as a kid and and now as a adult. I all but forgot abut them as archery took preferance. I even went with out a airgun for quite some time.

Then I met a girl and her son was really into them so I did the only thing I could do tried to get him into archery :D Well in the sprit of being open minded I picked up a pellet rifle and its been gaining steam ever since. I found pyramid air and the Marauder ,25 cal. Airguning took on a hole new level fomr there I was hooked.

Sure springer are nice and pumpers to but PCP's are all together defferent class. They made airguning alot more fun and versitle IMO.

SO here I sit motocross air rifleing archery junkie. I even toned down my fishing which was a major pass time for most of my life. I got more fishing gear than anything else I do. The lakes around here aint what they use to be and fishing is fun but you need some catching to keep you going and cathing around here aint what it use to be.

Anyhow tell us about your addictions.

May 11th, 2012, 4:51 am #10

I had a 1984 550cc Honda interceptor for while and KZ750 a reasoned even on my goldwing I am not mature enough to have all that FUN underneath me and resorted to dirt :D.

My last ATVs were a kxf400 06 which was a very nice sport quad but not enough power for me. And a much missed sold due to divorce Yamaha Banshee 350 twin slightly modded and set up for motocross. Man I miss that Banshee mostly the power and the wial of that 2 cylincer two stoke! they have a sound all their own!

SO what type of riding and shooting do you do???
I cruise around in town with the busa,and trail ride with the suzuki z400 (just like the kawi you had) and a kawi 300 lakota and a yamaha ttr125 dirt bike.I grew up with bikes and hot rods all my life.I target shoot (I love any type of trigger time)and small game hunt,deer hunt.I conceal carry,so I enjoy trigger time with the kahr 9mm and a north american arms .22mag that i recently purchased.I`m 52 years old ,been married 2nd time for 14yrs and have three beautiful daughters.I rode a banshee once , those things are crazy fast,I also love two -strokes,I use to own a kawi 500 triple with expansion chambers.Oh yeah I also own a arctic cat 800 twin two stroke,140hp ,pretty sweet.What else about your hobbies?