any of you listen to Car Talk on NPR , those two never fail to

any of you listen to Car Talk on NPR , those two never fail to

August 18th, 2012, 2:42 pm #1

entertain and inform. heard they were going to shut their show down , am listening to an episode now , could be a rerun , gotta love 'em. they seem to have a Redneck demeanor but with those Boston , Mass accents.

" Heaven is under our feet
as well as over our heads " Henry David Thoreau
Last edited by ralphy101again on August 18th, 2012, 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

August 18th, 2012, 3:00 pm #2

James S

August 19th, 2012, 12:17 am #3

entertain and inform. heard they were going to shut their show down , am listening to an episode now , could be a rerun , gotta love 'em. they seem to have a Redneck demeanor but with those Boston , Mass accents.

" Heaven is under our feet
as well as over our heads " Henry David Thoreau
After 35 years. The shows now are reruns to my understanding. I heard an interview earlier this summer with Doug Berman, the producer and he spelled it out. Jeez, they are in their mid 70's and still working. I love that, tk

August 19th, 2012, 1:09 am #4

I love Click and Klack the tappet brothers, A prarie Home Companion, The story's the thing, Wait, wait, don't tell me, The Splendid Table, etc.

August 19th, 2012, 1:42 pm #5

After 35 years. The shows now are reruns to my understanding. I heard an interview earlier this summer with Doug Berman, the producer and he spelled it out. Jeez, they are in their mid 70's and still working. I love that, tk
years or so since what 88? most weekends but not all and I missed that announcement. I to do the car talk prarie home companion splendid table,what do ya no etc...

one tip I found is that the NPR app lets you listen to your favorite shows at different times and multiple times over the weekend on different stations acrosss the USA. I just found that out a few weeks back and enjoy multiple reruns as I work around the house.

August 19th, 2012, 5:46 pm #6

<p>Their still doing it, Raleigh News and Observer has it on Saturdays.   As the Cars get dated the reruns will fade away.</p><p>Doug S.</p>