Any experience with a Swarovski scope on springer?

Any experience with a Swarovski scope on springer?

October 5th, 2012, 1:15 am #1

My friend has a UK Webley Longbow with a Leapers scope and from his description, the scope is toast (won't focus at high power - does OK up to about 4x - 5x but fuzzy at 9x at 40 - 50 yards). He asked me if his Swarovsky 3x - 9x would work out and I told him that although it's an expensive scope with nice glass, I wasn't sure it would work on a medium power springer. Told him better safe than sorry so I'm checking here. Anyone put one of these $800 scopes on an airgun?

"but I'll be needin' that gun, fer squirrels and such."

October 5th, 2012, 2:36 pm #2

Would not do that unless it is specifically rated for use on a spring air gun. The opposing recoil shocks tear the optics apart.

October 5th, 2012, 4:14 pm #3

My friend has a UK Webley Longbow with a Leapers scope and from his description, the scope is toast (won't focus at high power - does OK up to about 4x - 5x but fuzzy at 9x at 40 - 50 yards). He asked me if his Swarovsky 3x - 9x would work out and I told him that although it's an expensive scope with nice glass, I wasn't sure it would work on a medium power springer. Told him better safe than sorry so I'm checking here. Anyone put one of these $800 scopes on an airgun?

Swarovski you say? That's a lot of money to be playing around with on a springer. A have a Z5 mounted on a Ruger and I just checked the owner's manual... no specific mention of air rifles.

I wouldn't mount it.

October 6th, 2012, 3:42 pm #4

Is this supposed to be a joke?

October 7th, 2012, 1:29 pm #5

I run an $800. scope on a 300s springer & I love it. I would just call em & ask if adjustments can be made @ factory to run with airgun distance & definately ask if it will handle the dual recoil. I amagine it would. I love good glass as much as airguns them selves so I so go too it & have fun.
Joe