An amazing discovery.........

An amazing discovery.........

April 5th, 2011, 8:09 pm #1

While retro fitting the 60C rifles I discovered that adding the port seal and one small adjustment to the valve they are now shooting at 660 fps in .22 with 14 gr. pellets. I knew the factory had goofed on the valve but didn't realize that making just one small adjustment made them shoot that much better. No need to tune them just shoot'm....

mailto:flyingdragonairrifles@hotmail.com
Bestairgun.com

April 6th, 2011, 2:37 am #2

thanks for the update. i knew that I had a winner and all I had to do is wait a while before you and everyone with the skills to refine the XS60.

April 6th, 2011, 4:30 am #3

While retro fitting the 60C rifles I discovered that adding the port seal and one small adjustment to the valve they are now shooting at 660 fps in .22 with 14 gr. pellets. I knew the factory had goofed on the valve but didn't realize that making just one small adjustment made them shoot that much better. No need to tune them just shoot'm....

Bestairgun.com
can you tell us what you did to the valve?

April 6th, 2011, 12:17 pm #4

the washer in the valve, the valve was designed to flow gas, when they made them the factory put a full washer in and it blocked the flow, removing part of the "sides" of the washer restored the flow...ground two flat sides on it...you can also make the washer triangle shaped and get the same effect as I do in the QB-78's...

Bestairgun.com

April 6th, 2011, 12:48 pm #5

Bestairgun.com
like this is the type of thing you should let the factory know, let them make it right on thier dime instead of yours.

If they would change the design, that is pretty darn good horsepower from a stock gun.
That AR you sold me, man......most accurate gun I own right now. Darn near the most accurate I have owned.

the only others I've had that match it.....a B-40 you tuned, and an HW95 in .20 cal.

What is your shot count?

And, can they hold accuracy standards against the AR's you sell?

God bless ya,

Farmer

-bp

April 6th, 2011, 3:57 pm #6

Bestairgun.com
the neighborly attitude you have about sharing all this with the group so freely. you're the 'sara lee' of airgunsmithing:

"nobody doesn't like mike melick"

if you were on the amex, your stock would go up

-bp

April 7th, 2011, 11:47 am #7

like this is the type of thing you should let the factory know, let them make it right on thier dime instead of yours.

If they would change the design, that is pretty darn good horsepower from a stock gun.
That AR you sold me, man......most accurate gun I own right now. Darn near the most accurate I have owned.

the only others I've had that match it.....a B-40 you tuned, and an HW95 in .20 cal.

What is your shot count?

And, can they hold accuracy standards against the AR's you sell?

God bless ya,

Farmer
The cap is just a hair to long so have to shorten it, the bolt will take some more thinking as the time involved doing it the way I planned will just take to long...

Bestairgun.com

April 7th, 2011, 6:02 pm #8

Bestairgun.com
So, will the .177 have a similar boost in FPS? I'm definitely ordering one if that's the case. Can the barrel-bolt can be switched out, and can they be ordered separately? If I order one right now will it come with the valve washer already modded in either caliber?

April 10th, 2011, 12:25 pm #9

the change is about what the QB-78's do when slightly modified. All the rifles are getting the changes as they come out of the store. We don't have any parts for the rifles as yet, another shipment coming from the factory around the first of next month so there could be parts...

Bestairgun.com

April 10th, 2011, 3:02 pm #10

I'll be awaiting word on parts next month. Looks like I'll be ordering a .22 then. Can't wait.