American Flag help.

American Flag help.

May 21st, 2012, 8:50 pm #1

I have a flag that's set on a pole at an angle that's attached to the front of the house, over the garage specifically.

Problem is, as the wind blows, the flag wraps around the pole and I have to weekly, uncurl it.

Is the a device that allow the flag to spin freely w/o wrapping around the pole?

May 21st, 2012, 9:37 pm #2

Did this at our office as the flag was always rolled into a tube form the wind.

Remove the flag, slip on to the flag pole a piece of tube to act as a long bearing/bushing. Install the flag onto the newly attached tube. Problem solved. The flag will not wrap now as the portion of the flag attached to the tube will rotate in the wind back and forth.

If you get white PVC like I did, you can paint it to match the existing flag pole color, or leave it be.

"The majority of things in our lives are created by folks no smarter than the rest. Afterall, the world is comprised, and operated by C average people intellctually, academically, and morally. These people are often the great pioneers that set the precedent for what excellence should be."

May 21st, 2012, 9:40 pm #3

OMG! haha, that was easy and simple. Thank you Phil! nt

May 21st, 2012, 10:00 pm #4

Everyday it would bug me to no end when I arrived at work. In fact, the secretary was always requesting one of us to fix it. So, on a weekend when I had to work, took some tools in to fix the dang thing. Had the PVC pipe at home the perfect size already.

Glad I could help!

"The majority of things in our lives are created by folks no smarter than the rest. Afterall, the world is comprised, and operated by C average people intellctually, academically, and morally. These people are often the great pioneers that set the precedent for what excellence should be."

May 22nd, 2012, 12:56 am #5

Sent you an email bout a month ago, ever get it bro? Hope all well.

Chris from LI NY

My name is Chris, and I'm an airgun-oholic

May 22nd, 2012, 2:00 am #6

Everyday it would bug me to no end when I arrived at work. In fact, the secretary was always requesting one of us to fix it. So, on a weekend when I had to work, took some tools in to fix the dang thing. Had the PVC pipe at home the perfect size already.

Glad I could help!

They swivel around the standard, never becoming wrapped up.

Here's my 48-Star Flag that I had made for me at a flag shop many years ago:

It has the classic Gold Fringe. This 48-star flag flew from 1912, when New Mexico was admitted to the Union until 1958, when Alaska was admitted.

I think it was America's most beautiful flag.

Hal

May 22nd, 2012, 2:16 am #7

Sent you an email bout a month ago, ever get it bro? Hope all well.

Chris from LI NY

May 22nd, 2012, 2:19 am #8

They swivel around the standard, never becoming wrapped up.

Here's my 48-Star Flag that I had made for me at a flag shop many years ago:

It has the classic Gold Fringe. This 48-star flag flew from 1912, when New Mexico was admitted to the Union until 1958, when Alaska was admitted.

I think it was America's most beautiful flag.

Hal
Just kidding. Hey, at least that thing is made in U.S.A.! Very sureal, not so much sad, to open a flag and see that it has been made elsewhere, ya' know?

May 22nd, 2012, 2:20 am #9

Just forwarded the email I sent with my address, hope all is well!

Chris from LI NY

May 22nd, 2012, 3:11 am #10

Just kidding. Hey, at least that thing is made in U.S.A.! Very sureal, not so much sad, to open a flag and see that it has been made elsewhere, ya' know?

...I'm certainly not rejecting Alaska and Hawaii as States...not at all!

We fly our smaller 50-star flag too!

It's just that I think that the Classic 48-Star Flag is the most handsome Banner that has ever flown over this favored Nation!

I've seen it fly for 22 years, from 1936 to 1958!

Harold