All this hype on th B 40 and I get this.

All this hype on th B 40 and I get this.

September 4th, 2010, 3:51 am #1

I have been hearing nothing but great things from everyone on the B 40 all the way down to the BB blog saying it ourshoots the TX. I wanted to wait for the 46 but called best air guns and Mike said, " Oh wait I have two left, but I took them down off the site since I only had two." I said alright I will take one. He said he had to get it ready to ship and didnt ship for 4 days after my order.

Well gun came today and I cocked it aimed and pushed safety in that was very hard to do and pulled trigger and NOTHING. I took in house to decock and the button on side to release wouldnt release. So I got plyers and pulled safety out and BAM....gun went off and shot a hole in my ceiling. I took apart trigger and it was not engaging. I am not good at working with guns so I just stopped there and called mike early today and got no reply but saw on forum he is gone for weekend.

I guess my question is did I just get a leftover bad rifle cause evern the stock is not uniformed. It is not cut down center for the barrel it is far from close to being even and mechanically it doesnt even work. I am hoping that I get my money back or replaced with a new rifle that is as nice as everyone says and SHOOTS.

Let me know if you have a 40 and if mine is just left over junk.

September 4th, 2010, 1:01 pm #2

Mike will always stand behind his work "as long as he is breathing" .Now that is something you be feel easy about.
It suck that your 40 wont function. i have no experience with them so I am no help. Sorry.

September 4th, 2010, 2:53 pm #3

did you hear 2 distinct clicks.If you dont hear the second click the gun is not fully cocked,then the safety release mechanism is harder to push, and the and the cocking lever will go up very fast.If you have it together try it again.I had the same problem when i tried one out at Cobra airguns.Now i owned 2 one a Mike Melick tuned .22 and a.177 If you want Email me for my phone # and we can talk. Good Luck with it. Felix Also Mike will get you squared away. Hes one of the good guys

September 4th, 2010, 2:55 pm #4

Mike will always stand behind his work "as long as he is breathing" .Now that is something you be feel easy about.
It suck that your 40 wont function. i have no experience with them so I am no help. Sorry.
I'm sure mike will fix the problem when he gets back on Tuesday Mike is a real stand up guy! I thought I was the only one to have luck like that lol it will all be fixed soon enough

September 4th, 2010, 4:03 pm #5

I have been hearing nothing but great things from everyone on the B 40 all the way down to the BB blog saying it ourshoots the TX. I wanted to wait for the 46 but called best air guns and Mike said, " Oh wait I have two left, but I took them down off the site since I only had two." I said alright I will take one. He said he had to get it ready to ship and didnt ship for 4 days after my order.

Well gun came today and I cocked it aimed and pushed safety in that was very hard to do and pulled trigger and NOTHING. I took in house to decock and the button on side to release wouldnt release. So I got plyers and pulled safety out and BAM....gun went off and shot a hole in my ceiling. I took apart trigger and it was not engaging. I am not good at working with guns so I just stopped there and called mike early today and got no reply but saw on forum he is gone for weekend.

I guess my question is did I just get a leftover bad rifle cause evern the stock is not uniformed. It is not cut down center for the barrel it is far from close to being even and mechanically it doesnt even work. I am hoping that I get my money back or replaced with a new rifle that is as nice as everyone says and SHOOTS.

Sounds like the trigger screws are not adjusted properly. I has a similar problem while adjusting my trigger. I ended up cocking and loading the gun flipping it upside down pointing it at a solid chunk of wood, take the safety off and turn the screws until it self fired, then I backed it off a little until I got the perfect feel.
Also make sure as the others said pull that arm down until you hear or feel the safety pin pop out.
And again Mike will take care of you.

September 4th, 2010, 4:42 pm #6

did you hear 2 distinct clicks.If you dont hear the second click the gun is not fully cocked,then the safety release mechanism is harder to push, and the and the cocking lever will go up very fast.If you have it together try it again.I had the same problem when i tried one out at Cobra airguns.Now i owned 2 one a Mike Melick tuned .22 and a.177 If you want Email me for my phone # and we can talk. Good Luck with it. Felix Also Mike will get you squared away. Hes one of the good guys
I had this happen the first time I tried to cock the gun, I did not cock it far enough and had to really pull down on the leaver to get it to release and fully cock

Nothing wrong with the gun!

SA\cott

September 4th, 2010, 6:24 pm #7

When you cocked the gun did the safety button pop out? It will only pop out when gun is fully cocked. Safety button is on left side of gun near the trigger. When cocking gun it will click about 3 or 4 times as the cylinder moves past the bear trap (the longer lever on right side of gun near the loading port) and will click a final time when the auto safety pops out. Once the gun is fully cocked there will be no tension in the cocking lever and it should move back and forth a little. The bear trap has to be pressed to move the cocking lever back to the closed position. I'm not too sure if the gun can be decocked manually once it's been fully cocked. If gun is fully cocked and trigger screws are too far in, when you press the safety button gun will fire without you touching the trigger. If trigger screws are too far out nothing will happen when you pull the trigger. Links below show how the gun works

http://www.arld1.com/images/swfs/tx200trigger.swf

http://www.arld1.com/images/swfs/tx200whole.swf

I doubt that Mike sent you a non-functional gun. I think he test fires each gun to make sure it works before sending them out. Did you get the MMCheck from him when you got the gun? It sucks not having a functional new toy on a long holiday weekend so hope this helps.

September 4th, 2010, 8:06 pm #8

Sounds like the rifle was not fully cocked and when you started messing around with the pliers, it discharged.

-TKM-

September 4th, 2010, 8:23 pm #9

Yes I completely cocked the gun. I own a HW 77 and an tx 200 so familiar with the under lever. I just kept hearing all this hype on the 40 so I bought one and just by luck I guess I got a bad one. I just have a bad trigger on gun that doesnt engage to fire gun, why gun fired and release lever got stuck down I do not know but gun was completely cocked and trigger did not fire and safety did pop out. Also I was wondering on this gun my stock is not uniformed it is very uneven. If you look down the barrel it looks like it is crooked but its due to the pieces of wood on each side being so far from strait. I really just think that Mike took the 40's off of his bestairgun site cause they were all gone but he had pieces left over and was nice enough to put one together for me since I wanted one but I should of waited for the 46 once they were in stock. Hopefully he will take it back and send me a good one or take it back and just send me a 46 when they come in.

What is the word so far on what everyone thinks on the 46 model comming out and for those of you with the 40 is it as good as I hear and I am just unlucky.

Thanks for all your replies and it sounds like Mike is a stand up guy.

September 4th, 2010, 8:27 pm #10

I know Mike is out buy does anyone know how to fix the trigger on this gun. I am not good with stuff like this so if it is hard I wont mess with it but since it is broke It will have to be taken apart anyway so I may give it a try to get it to engage.

Issue with trigget is when you cock gun (Yes Completely) safety pops out and trigger is limp with not pull on it. If you pull trigget it catches nothing and just moves back and forth so it needs to catch something to fire gun. Any HELP!!!

Also If Mike would prefer me not to touch it for those of you who know him let me know since I really dont know what I am doing.