Airheads of Maine match Results 6/24/2012

Airheads of Maine match Results 6/24/2012

June 24th, 2012, 11:39 pm #1

The Airheads 1st shoot is now history. Twenty shooters turned out to play the FT game and it seems a good time was had by all. Special Thanks go to Dan Brown and son Dan Finney for traveling up to shoot with us. Also for helping with the setup of the practice range. It was a beautiful day to shoot field target. We had many new shooters and the going was a little rough getting started because of the 17 locals more than a dozen of them had never shot a FT course before. We had twenty five Rhino targets set up on our regular field course. The course difficulty was on the high side of Hard with a Troyer rating of 39. Dan Brown took WFTF honors by taking down 35 of 50 targets. 70% was a excellent percentage on a course of this difficulty. Dan Finney also had a great day in the Hunter class by knocking down 32 of 50 targets. It was a honor having a World class benchrest shooter and the 2011 National hunter champion attend our event.
The novice class was much easier and rated on the low side of moderate with a Troyer rating of 21. They shot 14 targets and Kieren Sheehan shot a 22 of 26 to take the novice class. One lane was scratched for all who had shot it because of equipment problems. This was Kierens first shoot and I must say he surprised me by his remarkable score. My grandson Shea Stewart was second with a 19. Third place went to my daughter Melissa Day with a 14. Melissa was also the high woman shooter. Of the 17 locals we had six ladies and three juniors competing. That speaks well for our diversity up in this neck of the woods.
After the competition my lovely wife Doreen put on a nice lunch consisting of Hotdogs, various salads, and assorted chips. Special Thank for all that brought food. Also special Thanks to my mom for donating 6 lbs of Hotdogs and for making her famous Taco salad. Honorable mention to my brother Steve for coming out early and helping me get things out to the range.
Would also like to Thank Mark Deboard of Crosman for getting me a great deal on two Discovery's so that I could have enough rifles to place on each of the seven novice lanes.

Here is a list of our participants:
Dan Brown
Dan Finney
Brandon Cy
Christine Whoo
Travis Tripp
Kieran Sheehan
Earle Tripp
Jeremy Sheehan
Shea Stewart
Tom Day
Melissa Day
Steven Day
Joy Day
Bryan Whoo
Mckeen Verril
Ron Leferbve
Julie Leferbve
Kayla Chase
Vicki Carson
Christian Tripp

Last edited by dayjd on June 25th, 2012, 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

June 24th, 2012, 11:45 pm #2

Congrats on so many new FT shooters!

You're starting off with full flying colours!

Hope to see you at Crosman's

Un Abrazo!

H�ctor

June 25th, 2012, 12:38 am #3

That's how we can "grow the sport" You have given us a wonderful example of how to bring in new blood -

SALUTE!!!!!!!!!

Vines

June 25th, 2012, 12:48 am #4

The Airheads 1st shoot is now history. Twenty shooters turned out to play the FT game and it seems a good time was had by all. Special Thanks go to Dan Brown and son Dan Finney for traveling up to shoot with us. Also for helping with the setup of the practice range. It was a beautiful day to shoot field target. We had many new shooters and the going was a little rough getting started because of the 17 locals more than a dozen of them had never shot a FT course before. We had twenty five Rhino targets set up on our regular field course. The course difficulty was on the high side of Hard with a Troyer rating of 39. Dan Brown took WFTF honors by taking down 35 of 50 targets. 70% was a excellent percentage on a course of this difficulty. Dan Finney also had a great day in the Hunter class by knocking down 32 of 50 targets. It was a honor having a World class benchrest shooter and the 2011 National hunter champion attend our event.
The novice class was much easier and rated on the low side of moderate with a Troyer rating of 21. They shot 14 targets and Kieren Sheehan shot a 22 of 26 to take the novice class. One lane was scratched for all who had shot it because of equipment problems. This was Kierens first shoot and I must say he surprised me by his remarkable score. My grandson Shea Stewart was second with a 19. Third place went to my daughter Melissa Day with a 14. Melissa was also the high woman shooter. Of the 17 locals we had six ladies and three juniors competing. That speaks well for our diversity up in this neck of the woods.
After the competition my lovely wife Doreen put on a nice lunch consisting of Hotdogs, various salads, and assorted chips. Special Thank for all that brought food. Also special Thanks to my mom for donating 6 lbs of Hotdogs and for making her famous Taco salad. Honorable mention to my brother Steve for coming out early and helping me get things out to the range.
Would also like to Thank Mark Deboard of Crosman for getting me a great deal on two Discovery's so that I could have enough rifles to place on each of the seven novice lanes.

Dan Brown
Dan Finney
Brandon Cy
Christine Whoo
Travis Tripp
Kieran Sheehan
Earle Tripp
Jeremy Sheehan
Shea Stewart
Tom Day
Melissa Day
Steven Day
Joy Day
Bryan Whoo
Mckeen Verril
Ron Leferbve
Julie Leferbve
Kayla Chase
Vicki Carson
Christian Tripp

Bill, I'm looking forward to my Maine vacation next month so I can try out your practice range. I'm seriously considering setting up a FT course here at Salem so I'll be picking your brain a lot on what it takes to get started.
Todd

June 25th, 2012, 1:04 am #5

In fact I ws just speaking about it today with Dan.

June 25th, 2012, 1:45 am #6

Dan Brown
Dan Finney
Brandon Cy
Christine Whoo
Travis Tripp
Kieran Sheehan
Earle Tripp
Jeremy Sheehan
Shea Stewart
Tom Day
Melissa Day
Steven Day
Joy Day
Bryan Whoo
Mckeen Verril
Ron Leferbve
Julie Leferbve
Kayla Chase
Vicki Carson
Christian Tripp

Twenty people for a first time event is incredible, and glad to see the women and kids shooting and doing well, also.

That grin on your face says it all. You guys definitely had a good time. This could be the start of many more shoots to come. Got a name for you that I will email that might be interested in participating.

Best regards, and well done!
Mark

June 25th, 2012, 2:50 am #7

Dan Brown
Dan Finney
Brandon Cy
Christine Whoo
Travis Tripp
Kieran Sheehan
Earle Tripp
Jeremy Sheehan
Shea Stewart
Tom Day
Melissa Day
Steven Day
Joy Day
Bryan Whoo
Mckeen Verril
Ron Leferbve
Julie Leferbve
Kayla Chase
Vicki Carson
Christian Tripp

Congratulations on a sucessfull first shoot Bill. Looks as though all had a good time based on the many smiles in the pics. Your a generous ambassadoor for the sport. Regards, Tim

June 25th, 2012, 12:59 pm #8

Dan Brown
Dan Finney
Brandon Cy
Christine Whoo
Travis Tripp
Kieran Sheehan
Earle Tripp
Jeremy Sheehan
Shea Stewart
Tom Day
Melissa Day
Steven Day
Joy Day
Bryan Whoo
Mckeen Verril
Ron Leferbve
Julie Leferbve
Kayla Chase
Vicki Carson
Christian Tripp

Thanks Bill for a great shoot. Thank your wife too for the good eats!
Dan

June 25th, 2012, 2:10 pm #9

Bill, I'm looking forward to my Maine vacation next month so I can try out your practice range. I'm seriously considering setting up a FT course here at Salem so I'll be picking your brain a lot on what it takes to get started.
Todd
If you come out for the Nationals, the "Wild River" club are also planning a bench rest match the Wed. after the field target matches.. I know everyone out here would like to shoot BR with the "World Champ".

Our club has a few extra rebuilt gamo targets, we could give you a great deal on, to help you get started... send me an email.

Wayne Burns,
Match Director,
Ashland Air Rifle Range

541-531-6926

wayne.burns@naturalyards.com

June 25th, 2012, 5:08 pm #10

Congratulations on a sucessfull first shoot Bill. Looks as though all had a good time based on the many smiles in the pics. Your a generous ambassadoor for the sport. Regards, Tim
Would sure of liked to seen a few more of the Haverhill crew come up. Maybe next time!