Airguns of Arizona Southwest Open Day One Quick Report( No Pics)

Airguns of Arizona Southwest Open Day One Quick Report( No Pics)

May 16th, 2010, 5:16 am #1

<p>Held at the Ben Avery Shoot Facility in north Phoenix saw the largest turnout of shooters I've seen at a match. 40 shots today set out along a 2-track near the FITA archery field, which was utilized for sight-in. Steve Montgomery is leading in PCP with a 36 followed by Larry Nelson using his new( got it Wednesday!) Schmidt and Bender FT scope at 33 and a bunch of others around 30. Kip Perow is on top in Hunter at 26 and my tired mind forgot who is leading Springer, but I think the guys were all around 18 or so.(Sorry). </p><p>Ran kinda late today, finishing around 2 PM followed by lunch provided by sponsor Airguns of Arizona and a raffle of items donated by them also. Sunday will begin at 8 AM to try and avoid the increased temps forecast, so show up early if you want to shoot Day 2!</p><p>I'm outa here and to bed! Had my best ever day at 24/40. We'll see if I'm as relaxed tomorrow, lol.</p><p>RicG</p>

May 16th, 2010, 5:39 am #2

Bobby C., Scott R. and Mark K. shooting? Larry dropped the dime on that S&B?!?! WOW!!!!

Keep us posted and have fun!!!

Regards,

Tony

May 16th, 2010, 9:10 pm #3

nt

May 17th, 2010, 3:05 am #4

<p>Held at the Ben Avery Shoot Facility in north Phoenix saw the largest turnout of shooters I've seen at a match. 40 shots today set out along a 2-track near the FITA archery field, which was utilized for sight-in. Steve Montgomery is leading in PCP with a 36 followed by Larry Nelson using his new( got it Wednesday!) Schmidt and Bender FT scope at 33 and a bunch of others around 30. Kip Perow is on top in Hunter at 26 and my tired mind forgot who is leading Springer, but I think the guys were all around 18 or so.(Sorry). </p><p>Ran kinda late today, finishing around 2 PM followed by lunch provided by sponsor Airguns of Arizona and a raffle of items donated by them also. Sunday will begin at 8 AM to try and avoid the increased temps forecast, so show up early if you want to shoot Day 2!</p><p>I'm outa here and to bed! Had my best ever day at 24/40. We'll see if I'm as relaxed tomorrow, lol.</p><p>RicG</p>
<p>Although it's nowhere near what most of the shooters here are capable of, it was nice to do, especially after a long spell of no shooting. Today sucked with wind and crappy shooting by me , but I got it together enough on the last few lanes to score just over 50% with a 41/80, including a clean of the last 4 shots. Getting better at ranging, but if one doesn't hold steady, it really doesn't matter if you know how far the target is, hehe. </p><p>Thanks again to Airguns of Arizona for sponsoring the match, as well as all the clubmembers who setup the course and handled the logistics.</p><p>RicG</p>

May 17th, 2010, 2:26 pm #5

<p>our two leaders in PCP, Steve Montgomery and Larry Nelson, continued their battle for the top, both shooting as though the day was calm. Mark Kauffman is working on the report as he awaits the pics to come in, so I'll let him give all the results a little later. I did pair up with Mark on Sunday and it was neat to watch him knock em down with his Steve Corcoran stocked TX200. Made me feel quite humble as I couldn't keep up with my PCP, LOL. I have to say that Kip Perow from Airguns of Arizona did a fantastic job in Hunter shooting an off the shelf FX with a 10X scope that he put together Wednesday before the match. I think he shot in the high 30's on Sunday in his first FT match ever. Great shooting, Kip!</p><p>RicG</p>

May 17th, 2010, 3:50 pm #6

<p>Although it's nowhere near what most of the shooters here are capable of, it was nice to do, especially after a long spell of no shooting. Today sucked with wind and crappy shooting by me , but I got it together enough on the last few lanes to score just over 50% with a 41/80, including a clean of the last 4 shots. Getting better at ranging, but if one doesn't hold steady, it really doesn't matter if you know how far the target is, hehe. </p><p>Thanks again to Airguns of Arizona for sponsoring the match, as well as all the clubmembers who setup the course and handled the logistics.</p><p>RicG</p>
personal competition vs. judging yourself against others! Keep it fun!

It's amazing how the wind can play with a .177 pellet!

Can't wait to read the match report and see some pics!

Regards,

Tony

May 17th, 2010, 3:53 pm #7

<p>our two leaders in PCP, Steve Montgomery and Larry Nelson, continued their battle for the top, both shooting as though the day was calm. Mark Kauffman is working on the report as he awaits the pics to come in, so I'll let him give all the results a little later. I did pair up with Mark on Sunday and it was neat to watch him knock em down with his Steve Corcoran stocked TX200. Made me feel quite humble as I couldn't keep up with my PCP, LOL. I have to say that Kip Perow from Airguns of Arizona did a fantastic job in Hunter shooting an off the shelf FX with a 10X scope that he put together Wednesday before the match. I think he shot in the high 30's on Sunday in his first FT match ever. Great shooting, Kip!</p><p>RicG</p>
The suspense of what happened on Day 2 is killing me, lol!!! Can't wait for Mark's Match Report!!!

Regards,

Tony

May 17th, 2010, 10:52 pm #8

It is not going to be one of the "epic" masterpieces that you author, but it will give a fair account.

I will tell you that the wind at Temecula is one thing, but the winds at BASF are legendary for being subtle and unpredictable. Other than that, I am not even going to tell you who won or how they did it. Plus, I am awaiting the pictures from other sources. I did not take any pics; too busy doing other stuff. Film at 11:00......ha ha ha ha ha......!

Don't worry Tony. You will get your fix.

Best regards,
Mark

May 17th, 2010, 11:03 pm #9

We need some of those bumper stickers!!!

Regards,

Tony

May 19th, 2010, 6:05 am #10

The suspense of what happened on Day 2 is killing me, lol!!! Can't wait for Mark's Match Report!!!

Regards,

Tony
<p>Believe me, it's hard not to elaborate, but I must concede to Mark 'cuz he does it so well. It'll be worth the wait!</p><p>RicG</p>