Airgunners of Arizona June FT match report

Airgunners of Arizona June FT match report

June 18th, 2012, 2:35 am #1

Airgunners of Arizona Field Target Match Report
Camp Verde, AZ June 16, 2012

[/IMG]

Mormon Lake didnt happen this month due to fire restrictions in the Coconino National Forest. Fortunately, our ranger contact who looks out for us, gave us a heads-up a week beforehand. After more than a few emails back and forth, Bobby stepped up with a big "S" shield on his chest, his hands on his hips, and his cape flowing in the breeze, and said, "I'LL DO IT!" , or some kind of superhero gibberish similar to that. Of course he needed Sandys permission, but we are very grateful that they once again offered their home to us for our monthly match.

Twelve shooters were on hand to get started an hour earlier than our normal 10:00 am start time in order to avoid the heat. It was a comfortable 77 degrees at 7:30 am but warmed up into the low 100s when we finished. Fortunately, we had plenty of shade and plenty of water, along with plenty of good natured humor.

The shooting heated up pretty good too, and when all was done, Dale performed a feat that only happens once in a blue moon; he went clean, shooting a 40/40!! Great shooting, especially when considering that Bobby doesnt set up easy courses. Everyone had a good time and shot well regardless of the heat.

[/IMG]

When everyone had finished shooting, we gathered for a pot-luck lunch in the shade of the patio, then tallied the scores and handed out awards. Many thanks to Sandy & Bobby, and to all who contributed to the pot-luck. A big thank you goes to Pam, who put lunch together and was in 7th heaven by having the run of Sandys kitchen. Only one group photo this month; too warm to run back and forth on the line taking pictures. I will send out an email prior to next month's shoot to verify time and location.

Respectfully submitted,
Mark

June 18th, 2012, 2:52 am #2

get half the amount of shooters that attend your matches each month. Cheers!

Life is short...slow down and enjoy
http://www.activevacuums.com

June 18th, 2012, 3:03 am #3

This was the readers digest version that I slapped together quick. Had to work after the match and all day today and did not have time to do more that this.

Even with the heat, we always have a group of folks that want to shoot. Good folks and good times.

Best regards,
Mark

June 19th, 2012, 3:57 am #4

[/IMG]

Mormon Lake didnt happen this month due to fire restrictions in the Coconino National Forest. Fortunately, our ranger contact who looks out for us, gave us a heads-up a week beforehand. After more than a few emails back and forth, Bobby stepped up with a big "S" shield on his chest, his hands on his hips, and his cape flowing in the breeze, and said, "I'LL DO IT!" , or some kind of superhero gibberish similar to that. Of course he needed Sandys permission, but we are very grateful that they once again offered their home to us for our monthly match.

Twelve shooters were on hand to get started an hour earlier than our normal 10:00 am start time in order to avoid the heat. It was a comfortable 77 degrees at 7:30 am but warmed up into the low 100s when we finished. Fortunately, we had plenty of shade and plenty of water, along with plenty of good natured humor.

The shooting heated up pretty good too, and when all was done, Dale performed a feat that only happens once in a blue moon; he went clean, shooting a 40/40!! Great shooting, especially when considering that Bobby doesnt set up easy courses. Everyone had a good time and shot well regardless of the heat.

[/IMG]

When everyone had finished shooting, we gathered for a pot-luck lunch in the shade of the patio, then tallied the scores and handed out awards. Many thanks to Sandy & Bobby, and to all who contributed to the pot-luck. A big thank you goes to Pam, who put lunch together and was in 7th heaven by having the run of Sandys kitchen. Only one group photo this month; too warm to run back and forth on the line taking pictures. I will send out an email prior to next month's shoot to verify time and location.

Respectfully submitted,
Mark
report also Mark. I really love those group photos... cept what's that Bobby is about to take a hit of:-)

I love how tight the rest of the scores were too.. just shows how tough the course was. Super great shooting by Dale, AND, HE is one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet in the game.

Sure wish you guys would put together a last minute team in a van or camper and high tail it up here for the Western States Championships.. at least there is hope for the nationals in Sept. I hear:-)

Wacky Wayne

June 19th, 2012, 6:25 am #5

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Respectfully submitted,
Mark
<p>And a good score from Sandy, who hasn't been on the lanes for a while. Good to see a nice turnout, and thanks to Bobby and Sandy for being so gracious. Thanks, Mark.</p><p>RicG</p>

lhd

June 19th, 2012, 5:33 pm #6

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Respectfully submitted,
Mark
I love the matches at Bobby's place! Great, innovative courses and wonderful food!
Last edited by lhd on June 19th, 2012, 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.