Ahunting I will go!!!,,

Ahunting I will go!!!,,

April 15th, 2012, 10:34 pm #1

just got word that my cousin's dog got bitten by a coyote,in Highland ,Ca. My cousin has a 3 acre ranch near the foothills below Arrow Head. And he need my help. SO I guess I'll take care of this critter. I'll take some pictures,it will be the first kill for my HW100 22.
I'll bait him with a can of tuna with a stake through it, so he can't run off with it, it's good nite.

April 16th, 2012, 11:58 am #2

Unless, your coyotes are a lot more simple minded than ours in IN.

I've hunted them about every way they can be hunted, calling, hounds, waiting and sniping.
I don't mean I hunted them occasionally or a few times. I mean 3 or more days a wk. for 30 yrs., in season.

You make it sound so simple and matter-of-fact. Ha.

You are also considerably undergunned.

Never=the-less, enjoy your outing.

Let us know how it goes.

Later,
Dwight

April 16th, 2012, 4:10 pm #3

went to a ranch here in Diamond Bar. We sat under an Oak tree, I put 3 cans of tuna ( 40 yards away), drove a large 12" nail in them and waited about 30-40 minutes later and shot Momma and Papa coyote I shot mine in the ear, Lou hit his in the heart.With a 25 cal and a 22 Careers. You won't catch me shooting a coyote(or a pig) with a .177,or my TX, like some commercials we have seen. Sure I have a 223, 22-250, Rem.708 and the list goes on, but you can't shoot them in the city. Besides my HW is nuts on (about 30 Ft.Lbs. and very back yard friendly.
Diamond Bar and Chino Hills,Ca. Google it! Huge area in between. All kinds of game there, but off limits to public.
Hope every thing works out.

April 17th, 2012, 3:57 am #4

just got word that my cousin's dog got bitten by a coyote,in Highland ,Ca. My cousin has a 3 acre ranch near the foothills below Arrow Head. And he need my help. SO I guess I'll take care of this critter. I'll take some pictures,it will be the first kill for my HW100 22.
I'll bait him with a can of tuna with a stake through it, so he can't run off with it, it's good nite.
pile of jackrabbits do the trick also..shot alot of them on greenspot right next to highland with my .25 condor

April 19th, 2012, 3:08 pm #5

Unless, your coyotes are a lot more simple minded than ours in IN.

I've hunted them about every way they can be hunted, calling, hounds, waiting and sniping.
I don't mean I hunted them occasionally or a few times. I mean 3 or more days a wk. for 30 yrs., in season.

You make it sound so simple and matter-of-fact. Ha.

You are also considerably undergunned.

Never=the-less, enjoy your outing.

Let us know how it goes.

Later,
Dwight
of Art and the elusive Diamond Bar feathered coyote?

April 22nd, 2012, 1:07 pm #6

CHOOT EM in the HEAD!!! Ah sounds like a fun outing to me good luck and good CHOOTIN