Advice on acquiring a marauder

Advice on acquiring a marauder

January 8th, 2011, 11:23 pm #1

hey guys. I have an awesome beeman hw97k rifle that is in awesome condition, especially for 12 yrs. old. I have a bug in my bonnet to get a marauder and wondering will I regreat selling or offering up my gun as a trade? I know how nice the marauder is but my 97 has treated me quite well and is very accurate. I have taken at least 20 squirrels, maybe 50 chipmunks and countless pest birds. will I hate having to pressureize it all the time compared to, "1 pump 1 shot" ? any advice is appreciated! thanx, Tim W.
Last edited by cros_eyed on January 8th, 2011, 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

January 8th, 2011, 11:58 pm #2

If you can afford to buy the Mrod outright then keep the 97. You haven't sold your springer yet and you are already missing it. Hey besides, a man can never own to many airguns. Benson.

January 9th, 2011, 1:03 am #3

My thoughts also nt

January 9th, 2011, 1:04 am #4

hey guys. I have an awesome beeman hw97k rifle that is in awesome condition, especially for 12 yrs. old. I have a bug in my bonnet to get a marauder and wondering will I regreat selling or offering up my gun as a trade? I know how nice the marauder is but my 97 has treated me quite well and is very accurate. I have taken at least 20 squirrels, maybe 50 chipmunks and countless pest birds. will I hate having to pressureize it all the time compared to, "1 pump 1 shot" ? any advice is appreciated! thanx, Tim W.
that is sounding smart at this time.

January 9th, 2011, 1:31 am #5

The Discovery fills easier, by far, with a hand pump. As long as noise is not a concern the Discovery is the bargain.

Discovery trigger will need some work but everything is easy to do and only needs basic tools. The Marauder has a great trigger, more power, and is quiet. But it costs a lot more.

Watch the classifieds and you may score a Discovery at a good price. But be fast because the sell fast.

January 9th, 2011, 4:19 am #6

Do like I did, I have a great HW-97,4x12x40, Now I have a Marauder.22. Just had Tim at Mac1 do a prep today. Put a 4x16x56 mil dot. AWWSOMEE. Look out squirrels here I come.

One Shot One Kill

January 9th, 2011, 5:27 pm #7

the funds to get your marauder.

Just start saving up for it. Have the best of both worlds.

I have lots of pcp's and want an hw97K in blue laminate....but..unfortunately...I am a lefty.

Dutch

Self proclaimed shootinist sumbitch...there ever was almost!!
196 compressor fills and I have broke even
And aaain't it grrreaaat to be livinnn in the USA.
I never whacked a pigeon, starling, or sparrow that didn't deserve it!!!
1434 and countin....on pigeons..
starling count started 09--23

January 9th, 2011, 5:52 pm #8

I think you guys are right, keep it and save up instead. I might even do the discovey thing. my new house has a 40ft. basement so I want to set up a 10 meter range.

January 10th, 2011, 3:30 pm #9

That's a great rifle. It's given you great service, over many years, and you're obviously fond of it. You'll regret selling or trading it, believe me. I let a BesTuned R11 go somne years back and am kicking myself in the pants to this day.

January 10th, 2011, 8:40 pm #10

kevin on the classifieds is selling marauder recons for $330.00 shipped so I can keep my hw97!