Accushot medium height one-piece - Have one?

Accushot medium height one-piece - Have one?

August 2nd, 2006, 4:03 am #1

How have you found it to work out, do you use the anti-recoil pin? Was wondering how decently it would work on my RWS 34 since RWS seems to get a name for drooping barrels. I have the Gamo one-piece on the Black Shadow Supreme but need a second mount for the RWS. 16.50 shipped isn't bad at all, only thing that concerns me is that the gamo mount is height-adjustable on the back ring and the accushot is not.

How do you like yours?

August 2nd, 2006, 4:42 am #2

I'll check it when I get home to see how it does on a 34.

August 2nd, 2006, 4:56 am #3

Please do, curious to know how it works with the apparent droop on some RWS (not sure exactly how that's defined yet, but still learning)

August 2nd, 2006, 12:51 pm #4

I dont know about Ken's 34, but mine has a fair amount of droop to it. I did have to use an adjustable mount. It depends on how much 'up' adjustment your scope has and how much of that adjustment you are willing to give up and at what range. I like to have plenty of adjustment left on my scopes and so I needed to get an adjustable mount.

I do like the Accushot mounts though. I've got 4 or 5 on other guns of mine and they hold really well.

August 2nd, 2006, 2:14 pm #5

How have you found it to work out, do you use the anti-recoil pin? Was wondering how decently it would work on my RWS 34 since RWS seems to get a name for drooping barrels. I have the Gamo one-piece on the Black Shadow Supreme but need a second mount for the RWS. 16.50 shipped isn't bad at all, only thing that concerns me is that the gamo mount is height-adjustable on the back ring and the accushot is not.

How do you like yours?
I recently put an accushot (high mount) one piece on my RWS 350 with a Leapers 4x16x50 scope and quickly found out that the barrel droop issue created a situation where I could not adjust the vertical scope adjustment high enough to shoot accurately. Not wanting to purchase another mount I shimmed the back scope ring with 35mm film, reinstalled the scope, and now the scope/gun combo works fantastic. The mount has held rock solid. Even though I love the accushot one piece mounts, (I have several) if I buy another RWS I will definately buy an adjustable one piece mount to avoid having to resort to shimming. After reading Kens assessement of the Gamo mount I think I'd go with that one, especially for $16 shipped.

August 2nd, 2006, 4:19 pm #6

How do you like yours?
...that has a recoil pin, 2 rail clamp and 4 scope clamp bolts per mount. Less than $10 shipped, and so far no problems on my Powerline.

August 2nd, 2006, 7:49 pm #7

I recently put an accushot (high mount) one piece on my RWS 350 with a Leapers 4x16x50 scope and quickly found out that the barrel droop issue created a situation where I could not adjust the vertical scope adjustment high enough to shoot accurately. Not wanting to purchase another mount I shimmed the back scope ring with 35mm film, reinstalled the scope, and now the scope/gun combo works fantastic. The mount has held rock solid. Even though I love the accushot one piece mounts, (I have several) if I buy another RWS I will definately buy an adjustable one piece mount to avoid having to resort to shimming. After reading Kens assessement of the Gamo mount I think I'd go with that one, especially for $16 shipped.
And since it is adjustable, some have mentioned that it has a habit of bending scope tubes since the front does not pivot whatsoever? In other words you're cranking the rear up, but the front stays at the same angle..

I'm thinking of the accushot for my 34, if it comes out to not being enough vertical adjustment I'll try the film trick. I presume a film negative would work the same or no?

Since you seem to know a bit more than me (a lot actually), how far vertical can you go on the adjustment before you get into problems with the scope itself?

I am trying to sight in at 20yrds, so I should be good to about 35 I think. Not sure tho.
Last edited by DirtyApe on August 2nd, 2006, 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

August 2nd, 2006, 7:50 pm #8

...that has a recoil pin, 2 rail clamp and 4 scope clamp bolts per mount. Less than $10 shipped, and so far no problems on my Powerline.
You speaking of the accushot hd 2-piece I presume?

August 2nd, 2006, 9:11 pm #9

$7.00 before shipping. I put a touch of moly on the threads, and teh mounts work great. They held on a Shadow without using the recoil pin.

August 2nd, 2006, 9:59 pm #10

35mm film negative would work fine however do some research/reading on scope shimming before you attempt it. Do a search and you will find many posts, some pro and some con, on this forum and others, regarding shimming. Also, I think there was a good Blog posted on the Pyramydair site regarding shimming. You have to be very careful after you install the film shims and begin tightening the scope screws. If you over tighten you could very easily crush the scope tube. If you do decide to use the film shims I would start with one piece and check the results. If you need a second piece add that and re-check the results. The reading I did prior to shimming my scope advised to try not to use more than 2 pieces of film as beyond that the tube crunch issue is increased. I am certainly not advising you to go ahead and shim your scope. I wouldn't do that as I will be the first to admit that I am an airgun beginner and I am not qualified to give such advice. My decision to go ahead and shim my scope was my choice based on my research and my willingness to take a chance with my scope. Your decision of course should be based on your research and your feelings after learning as much as you can about shimming. Anyway, good luck, enjoy your rifle.