Mark

March 27th, 2007, 4:17 pm #2

I guess that no one here knows
these things.
Can you guys steer me to a
forum where someone will have
this information?

Mark
Last edited by mark51 on March 27th, 2007, 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

March 27th, 2007, 4:41 pm #3

I have a high end airgun and
would like to buy a Gamo for a
knock around pest control rifle.
One that I can leave in my truck
without fear of some dirtbag stealing it
or worry about banging up an expensive
gun.

So my question is, what is the most
accurate Gamo that they make? And does Gamo
make a .22 caliber rifle? Is there a model
that will work out to 50-70 yards?

Thanks,

Mark
I read your question and I own a Gamo Shadow (aka Varmint Stalker) but I wouldn't consider it “knock around” and would hate if someone stole the thing. I only paid $90 but I tuned it with a Macarri spring, lube, piston seal, trigger mod (thanks Rich) and put a 3-9x40 and is powerful and accurate as all get up. However, it was accurate before the tune. Just the other day I destroyed a bird at 50 yards and this AM I busted a squirrel from 15 yards with a through-and-through shot… very powerful.

Gamo makes .22 cal guns but they are primarily reserved for Europe and other places – not the United States. You can see the different kinds of guns on the Gamo International website. There are .22 cal Gamos to be bought but you need to do your research. I’ve heard the CFX is the most accurate because it’s a fixed barrel but it also cost more money but there are deals to be had if you can find them. However, accuracy is up to the shooter.

I love my Gamo and even though it has a synthetic stock, I’ve banged it a couple of times and no harm no foul. However, I treat all of my guns with great care as I own many shot guns, center fire rifles, hand guns, etc. My Gamo purchase was a nice addition.

March 27th, 2007, 6:57 pm #4

I guess that no one here knows
these things.
Can you guys steer me to a
forum where someone will have
this information?

Mark
tuned with the works like Charles (thx Rich) By no means am I a gamo die hard, but nowadays I wouldn't leave a hot 6 pack of Pabst Blue Ribbon in the back of my truck. You might try a chinese model copy of a Gamo I think you can get one for 75 bucks or so..... Correct me if I'm wrong. Listen to Charles he knows what he's talking about. Good Luck.

Matt

March 27th, 2007, 7:24 pm #5

I read your question and I own a Gamo Shadow (aka Varmint Stalker) but I wouldn't consider it “knock around” and would hate if someone stole the thing. I only paid $90 but I tuned it with a Macarri spring, lube, piston seal, trigger mod (thanks Rich) and put a 3-9x40 and is powerful and accurate as all get up. However, it was accurate before the tune. Just the other day I destroyed a bird at 50 yards and this AM I busted a squirrel from 15 yards with a through-and-through shot… very powerful.

Gamo makes .22 cal guns but they are primarily reserved for Europe and other places – not the United States. You can see the different kinds of guns on the Gamo International website. There are .22 cal Gamos to be bought but you need to do your research. I’ve heard the CFX is the most accurate because it’s a fixed barrel but it also cost more money but there are deals to be had if you can find them. However, accuracy is up to the shooter.

I love my Gamo and even though it has a synthetic stock, I’ve banged it a couple of times and no harm no foul. However, I treat all of my guns with great care as I own many shot guns, center fire rifles, hand guns, etc. My Gamo purchase was a nice addition.
Thank you for taking the time
to answer my questions. I'm not
trying to knock Gamo. It's just that
I don't want to leave my hopped up
Condor in my truck. I don't know much
about entry level guns. I do have a friend
who has a Gamo and was impressed with the
quality of build for the price.

So it looks like I will purchase a
CFX. Is there anything that needs to be
done to it out of the box. Are they a dependable
gun?

Again thank you for your time.

Mark
Last edited by mark51 on March 27th, 2007, 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

March 27th, 2007, 8:26 pm #6

Just get a trigger mod from Rich in Mich and go shoot.
Dependable? Very...unless you shoot heavy pellets and strain the spring. The CFX prefers mid-weight pellets for the range you mentioned.

March 28th, 2007, 3:43 am #7

How is the stock (factory) trigger?
Is it two stage?

March 28th, 2007, 3:18 pm #8

you can get rich's insert or a complete trigger drop in from some other guy. I have the complete trigger and love it.

March 28th, 2007, 8:20 pm #9

How much is it and is it an
easy installation?

March 28th, 2007, 10:02 pm #10

Is there any way to get a european Gamo
.22 caliber rifle here without having to
resort to ordering it from some place in
europe and paying hugh shipping fees?

I just never had much luck with .177 caliber.

Is there a way to acquire a .22 caliber
barrel from the factory and install
it myself?

Thanks,

Mark