AA match report

AA match report

July 18th, 2017, 1:33 am #1

July 15, 2017 AA Match report:

The sight in range was set up and open for guests at a little before 8, it was going to be another hot steamy day in Georgia but at least it wasn't raining! We've had our share of rain this summer.

Steve was first on the scene helping with range duties, then the rest of the crowd trickled in with a good friend Chris Corey who came down from NC to shoot with us. We always feel honored when our friends come to join us for some airgun shootin' fun, and guys like Chris always make the day more enjoyable.

Chris came with a new FT rig to shoot in WFTF class, a Steyr Challenge FT with a Khales 10-50x so he was busy in the morning figuring out his new rig settings. He shot well for his first WFTF match on a pretty tough course.

Steve is still improving his FT skills which is starting to scare us quite a bit, he scored an impressive 57/62 in WFTF Piston class! Nice shooting!!

Ron switched to his FTP900 from his Steyr this month and showed us he can still shoot great scores with whatever gun he uses cause he has mad shootin' skills! Ron took WFTF PCP with 55/62.

Ken mixed things up by shooting Hunter FT. Due to an injury that resulted in broken ribs sitting on the ground wasn't possible but sitting on a stool and using a bipod made it tolerable to shoot, oh and lots of Advil. Not a bad score for a gimpy guy, 58/62

<i></i> I have pics of the event but Photobucket has decided that they won't do third party hosting without paying $400 a year for a subscription as of June 1st so sorry but no pictures.
The course is set up with 62 shots, a 33 TDF no modifiers / 9.5 SD.
Scores:
WFTF PCP
Ron Brown FTP900 Sightron 10-60x 55/62
Rob Seiden LG110 Vortex 10-60x 51/62
Chris Corey Steyr Challenge FT Khales 10-50x 45/62

WFTF Piston
Steve English HW97 Sightron 10-60x 57/62

Hunter PCP
Ken Hughes HM1000 Leupold 6.5-20x 58/62
Gabriel Sallusti S200 Leapers 4-16x 26/62

Respectfully submitted by Ken Hughes

July 18th, 2017, 5:07 pm #2

You did just great for first time Hunter class. I hope you have a speedy and perfect recovery.
By the way, aren't there some fantastic piston shooters scores lately.

July 18th, 2017, 6:19 pm #3

The sight in range was set up and open for guests at a little before 8, it was going to be another hot steamy day in Georgia but at least it wasn't raining! We've had our share of rain this summer.

Steve was first on the scene helping with range duties, then the rest of the crowd trickled in with a good friend Chris Corey who came down from NC to shoot with us. We always feel honored when our friends come to join us for some airgun shootin' fun, and guys like Chris always make the day more enjoyable.

Chris came with a new FT rig to shoot in WFTF class, a Steyr Challenge FT with a Khales 10-50x so he was busy in the morning figuring out his new rig settings. He shot well for his first WFTF match on a pretty tough course.

Steve is still improving his FT skills which is starting to scare us quite a bit, he scored an impressive 57/62 in WFTF Piston class! Nice shooting!!

Ron switched to his FTP900 from his Steyr this month and showed us he can still shoot great scores with whatever gun he uses cause he has mad shootin' skills! Ron took WFTF PCP with 55/62.

Ken mixed things up by shooting Hunter FT. Due to an injury that resulted in broken ribs sitting on the ground wasn't possible but sitting on a stool and using a bipod made it tolerable to shoot, oh and lots of Advil. Not a bad score for a gimpy guy, 58/62

<i></i> I have pics of the event but Photobucket has decided that they won't do third party hosting without paying $400 a year for a subscription as of June 1st so sorry but no pictures.
Scores:
WFTF PCP

WFTF Piston

Hunter PCP

and great shooting buddy! Especially with the broken ribs, you continue to impress me with your shooting skills. I enjoyed shooting with Ron who is a real nice guy and great shooter as well. I also wanted to thank Ron for bringing the crate of eggs which provided some after the match fun. If you hit them solidly they exploded like little bombs!!

Steve

July 19th, 2017, 12:09 am #4

Scores:
WFTF PCP

WFTF Piston

Hunter PCP

It was well worth the trip. Great course & a great bunch of shooters, excluding myself. LOL!! Just ask Rob about the bird that I shot 6 times(missing of course) before I realized I wasn't aiming at the kill zone. You just gotta love it. I think this was my first time shooting with Rob. Rob thanks for all of the advice on shooting @ 12fpe & keeping me laughing all day. Except when I missed the shot because I was laughing at you talking about a body part that resembles turkey skin. Classic Rob!!!Ken thanks for the advice on ranging with the Kahles. It definitely worked better when I did it that way. Now I just got to get some scope time & make it second nature. I've also made the trigger adjustments that you suggested. Gabe, Ron, & Steve it was great seeing all of you again. Ron awesome shooting with your FTP. I'd hate to see you if you shot it on a regular basis. Steve the way you shoot after just a couple of months in the game, all I have to say is WOW!!!! And doing it with a springer. You shot lights out Saturday. Also had a great time at the BBQ joint for lunch. I got to meet Ken's mom. Vey nice lady. Ken, I only have one complaint. You didn't have to give me all these Georgia chiggers to take back home to NC. No ticks but a ton of chiggers. LOL!! Now we just got to get all of you Atlanta boys to come shoot with us up at TCRC.

July 19th, 2017, 4:11 pm #5

Scores:
WFTF PCP

WFTF Piston

Hunter PCP

And d**n, but it's exciting to see piston scores posted like those of Steve and Brad. Congratulations, Steve - it would be good to meet you one day.

Regards,

Matt

July 20th, 2017, 2:27 am #6

It would be good to meet you too. I plan on going to the Pyramid Air Cup, what about you?

Steve

July 24th, 2017, 5:09 am #7

It was well worth the trip. Great course & a great bunch of shooters, excluding myself. LOL!! Just ask Rob about the bird that I shot 6 times(missing of course) before I realized I wasn't aiming at the kill zone. You just gotta love it. I think this was my first time shooting with Rob. Rob thanks for all of the advice on shooting @ 12fpe & keeping me laughing all day. Except when I missed the shot because I was laughing at you talking about a body part that resembles turkey skin. Classic Rob!!!Ken thanks for the advice on ranging with the Kahles. It definitely worked better when I did it that way. Now I just got to get some scope time & make it second nature. I've also made the trigger adjustments that you suggested. Gabe, Ron, & Steve it was great seeing all of you again. Ron awesome shooting with your FTP. I'd hate to see you if you shot it on a regular basis. Steve the way you shoot after just a couple of months in the game, all I have to say is WOW!!!! And doing it with a springer. You shot lights out Saturday. Also had a great time at the BBQ joint for lunch. I got to meet Ken's mom. Vey nice lady. Ken, I only have one complaint. You didn't have to give me all these Georgia chiggers to take back home to NC. No ticks but a ton of chiggers. LOL!! Now we just got to get all of you Atlanta boys to come shoot with us up at TCRC.
Its about time you joined us on the dark side. I see you have a great gun to shoot, with the Steyr Challenge. Its the same as my Steyr LG110, with a different chassis. The Kahles scope is nice as well. Are you making it to Nationals with that rig? A lot of my Puerto Rican brothers are coming across for the National shoot. Pedro, Manolo, Manuel "Poly", Waldemar, Sammy "The Pilot", Edwin and Connors. I am picking them up at the airport and driving them to Phoenix for the shoot. Then sight see for a few days, then back to PR for them. I hope to see you there.

July 24th, 2017, 5:12 am #8

Waldemar and Manuel "Poly" are coming in from PR for the Pyramyd Shoot, so I will be with them there also in Ohio....Hope to see you...BC