a question regarding the crosman 160 vs a QB .......

a question regarding the crosman 160 vs a QB .......

August 2nd, 2012, 8:58 pm #1

i know crosman stopped producing this model and with the help of a man from cali ,the chinese started production of a CR160 copy, the QB series .was the 160 as bad as some say or ........ i know the QB had quality issues in the past but what of the CR160.what would make someone say the QB's are better ---- the current ones i can see but as a whole, all of them ? i have a 160 and find it very nice for the time in which it was produced (1962)and only seen and held a QB several years ago . i hear more good than bad about the 160 and have a hard time with the bad because i have NEVER really heard anything bad but some will say the QB is better than the 160 . what's you take on this ?

TOO many freaks and NOT enough circuses

August 2nd, 2012, 10:21 pm #2

The early 160's with the trigger mounted in the stock don't compare to a QB so far as trigger feel and adjustability.
Last edited by yelmod on August 4th, 2012, 3:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

August 2nd, 2012, 10:47 pm #3

to me and now i know where this info i hear is coming from .thanks

August 3rd, 2012, 5:45 am #4

... well made nicely finished...but I leave them to the collectors. The 160 clone (QB) is one of the most successful, and longest time in production of any co2 gun..which says something good about the original,and Tim's input on the modernization of the design for Chinese production.

August 3rd, 2012, 4:18 pm #5

The 160 is a very nicely built vintage collectable gun, but for modern purpose go with a QB. I mainly buy old school Crosman guns as a rule(I collect) but the guns I shoot are my QB79 and my disco, or if I feel like a work out the Benji's. They are very nice out of the box but if you can afford to throw some $$ into it, the sky is the limit. I mean anything to LW in .177 to a big bore monster. JMHO.

Some vintage eye candy...

August 3rd, 2012, 4:36 pm #6

i know crosman stopped producing this model and with the help of a man from cali ,the chinese started production of a CR160 copy, the QB series .was the 160 as bad as some say or ........ i know the QB had quality issues in the past but what of the CR160.what would make someone say the QB's are better ---- the current ones i can see but as a whole, all of them ? i have a 160 and find it very nice for the time in which it was produced (1962)and only seen and held a QB several years ago . i hear more good than bad about the 160 and have a hard time with the bad because i have NEVER really heard anything bad but some will say the QB is better than the 160 . what's you take on this ?

Having had a 160 many moons ago, my new QB 78 is about 500% better. The barrel, trigger, valve, and accuracy are way ahead. Thats my take.

August 4th, 2012, 12:29 am #7

The 160 is a very nicely built vintage collectable gun, but for modern purpose go with a QB. I mainly buy old school Crosman guns as a rule(I collect) but the guns I shoot are my QB79 and my disco, or if I feel like a work out the Benji's. They are very nice out of the box but if you can afford to throw some $$ into it, the sky is the limit. I mean anything to LW in .177 to a big bore monster. JMHO.

Some vintage eye candy...
LW barrel and tuned by roy --- it will hit the high 600s and shoots cheap cphps pretty well. triggers decent for what it is [/IMG]

August 12th, 2012, 5:49 pm #8

... well made nicely finished...but I leave them to the collectors. The 160 clone (QB) is one of the most successful, and longest time in production of any co2 gun..which says something good about the original,and Tim's input on the modernization of the design for Chinese production.
Orings on barrel? IMO the instructionsQB is a great copy of a great design. Bonus is they keep improving the QC