A new year is almost upon us! How many of you

A new year is almost upon us! How many of you

December 23rd, 2011, 4:17 pm #1

will be sporting a new Field Target weapon next year? I'll probably stick with the trusty
AA 400SL.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Head Gopher and Assistant
Match Director Ashland Air Rifle Range
Ashland OR

Regards,

Mark Gravelle

December 23rd, 2011, 6:04 pm #2

I'm looking into a HW-100 for my hunting rig. I do have a Pro Elite in .22, a Venom Laza Glide in.22 . Need one that will reach out and touch that small game at a distance. I'm a one shot one kill type of a guy, I don't just aim at an animal and shoot. Shot placement.

December 23rd, 2011, 7:14 pm #3

will be sporting a new Field Target weapon next year? I'll probably stick with the trusty
AA 400SL.

Ashland OR

Regards,

Mark Gravelle
I've forsaken my "Fine Chinese Field-Target Rifle" for an HW100. It's too heavy for my old-school form, so I'm also learning the bi-pod... butt still planted on a bum-bag, though. After a two-year quest for the dream Hunter Class scope, I've also graduated from my $69 Simmons Pro-Air scope to a Weaver V-16.

December 23rd, 2011, 9:54 pm #4

AA 400SL.

Ashland OR

Regards,

Mark Gravelle
I wish you'd get something else Mark, you shoot that AA400 to damn well!

Merry Christmas to you and all the boys up in Oregon.

Jim in Sacramento

December 23rd, 2011, 11:33 pm #5

AA 400SL.

Ashland OR

Regards,

Mark Gravelle
No more new toys for me. Hi Mark, long time no see. I got all my Christmas presents early. Although, a 12lb JM kit is in my future...Yous guys gotta match tomorrow? Sadly, I won't be making it for a couple of weeks, heading for Washington. See you Janurary 7. -HM

December 24th, 2011, 1:48 am #6

AA 400SL.

Ashland OR

Regards,

Mark Gravelle
It's still my Daystate mk3 but I've been working on its reconfiguration this year. Kind of turned into a bigger project than I expected. A custom stock, new barrel, pellet testing, Boomertek riser and ergos. Now I'm redoing the dope with the new sidewheel and revamped mounts.

Always a work in progress with these things isn't it. I'm hoping to have it ready for the spring opener but it still has a ways to go.

I am also putting together an RWS34 and my R9 for some piston shooting this year. Just got the new mounts for the 34 today. They're being fitted as underdogs topped with 6.5-20x Simmons44mag scopes and will be tested against the underlevers in all their glory.

Lonnie Smith
Associate Match Director DFTC
http://www.diablofieldtarget.org/home.html

"It doesn't get done til someone does it"

December 24th, 2011, 1:55 pm #7

Looking forward to seeing how close the 34 comes to the R9 !

December 24th, 2011, 2:11 pm #8

I've forsaken my "Fine Chinese Field-Target Rifle" for an HW100. It's too heavy for my old-school form, so I'm also learning the bi-pod... butt still planted on a bum-bag, though. After a two-year quest for the dream Hunter Class scope, I've also graduated from my $69 Simmons Pro-Air scope to a Weaver V-16.
Those model 100's are becoming popular! The rumor mill has it that you were speaking German now ;>)
Last edited by dayjd on December 24th, 2011, 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

December 24th, 2011, 3:21 pm #9

AA 400SL.

Ashland OR

Regards,

Mark Gravelle
Consider that an early April Fools:-)

Hey folks, check out our website now. Ronnie Easton and his beautiful wife got it together for us. It's got great info about the area of Grants Pass, Or. where we are hosting the 2012 FT National Championships. Please get those registrations in early so I can plan awards and the food caterers. Also keep in mind that we'll probably have to limit the number of contestants.. so don't get left out.

Thanks Mark for being such a great Asst. Match Director.. we'll be needing your wonderful help as we prepare for the big event this year!

Wacky Wayne
Match Director,
Ashland Air Rifle Range

December 24th, 2011, 6:35 pm #10

It's still my Daystate mk3 but I've been working on its reconfiguration this year. Kind of turned into a bigger project than I expected. A custom stock, new barrel, pellet testing, Boomertek riser and ergos. Now I'm redoing the dope with the new sidewheel and revamped mounts.

Always a work in progress with these things isn't it. I'm hoping to have it ready for the spring opener but it still has a ways to go.

I am also putting together an RWS34 and my R9 for some piston shooting this year. Just got the new mounts for the 34 today. They're being fitted as underdogs topped with 6.5-20x Simmons44mag scopes and will be tested against the underlevers in all their glory.

Lonnie Smith
Associate Match Director DFTC
http://www.diablofieldtarget.org/home.html

"It doesn't get done til someone does it"
I'm on the same track, as I'm putting together a loaner/Piston Hunter class rig based on a Pro-Compact 34. It's a refurb, I bought it just for the stock and was gonna swap it with the wooden one on the Classic. I thought it was gonna be a TO5 & have the older original style Panther stock, but what arrived was the newer TO6 model. I still prefer the older style Panther stock, but the shorter barreled action handles better so I just decided to keep it and sell the Classic. If I hadn't sold the Classic 34 to you, the next thing I would have done would be to drill out the buttstock in order to add some weight for balance purposes. Presently I have 3 rolls of pennies and expandable foam in the buttstock of the Pro-Compact. It is heavier now for sure, but she's steadier & balances so much better, and the weight also helps with the recoil.

Merry Christmas & I can't wait to be around when

THE LON IS ON

Vines