A new look for my Disco

A new look for my Disco

March 22nd, 2012, 11:17 pm #1

Figured I would give my Disco a makeover while staying true to its roots as a Benjamin. New valve, new barrel, challenger stock, marauder trigger group and one new sophisticated look. Tomorrow I'll see how it shoots:)

------------------------------

Joshua 24:15

March 23rd, 2012, 12:48 am #2

your gun looks awesome and I/we already know shes going to shoot as good. I havent seen many discos that dont.

March 23rd, 2012, 1:11 am #3

rifling was off center! it would load and mangle the top half of the pellet as it was forced down into the rifling. I'm hoping that was the ONLY issue with accuracy. I doubt the position of the barrel band will goof up the barrel harmonics. I would think they would improve it but what do I know? Crosman sells the stocks for $140ish but this particular stock was from a hacked-up challenger on craigslist. It was one of my best craigslist finds to date.

March 23rd, 2012, 3:30 am #4

Figured I would give my Disco a makeover while staying true to its roots as a Benjamin. New valve, new barrel, challenger stock, marauder trigger group and one new sophisticated look. Tomorrow I'll see how it shoots:)

...and creative,I might add..

March 23rd, 2012, 12:07 pm #5

is the chalenger stock a drop in fit for the disco,,,,that what i been looking for.

March 23rd, 2012, 1:36 pm #6

the air gauge on the challenger is on the right side of the tube so you will have to remove the disco's gauge or drill a hole for it. If you drill, be sure to measure a couple times. I had done this to a couple of my marauders and took for granted the position of the gauge...and was wrong by about 1/8". I had to dremel the top of the whole to let it drop in.

The disco's trigger group does not drop in either. The marauder trigger group fit very well on the disco though. The stock lug had to be removed and then I drilled and taped the tube to 8-32 to match the marauders factory trigger groups screws. After that it was a perfect fit.

You will also need to modify the stock to accept the barrel band or remove the barrel sleeve and rear sight and move the band to the factory notch as I did. I plan on using it with a scope so removing the sights was no big deal for me.

All in all it is an easy mod. I prefer the look and the trigger is a nice step in the right direction.