7 years old, 47 yards and a 27 year old rifle...

7 years old, 47 yards and a 27 year old rifle...

March 20th, 2017, 3:52 am #1

This is Nate. He is my 7 year old son. He is second youngest out of 8 (5 boy, 3 girls). He is all boy and loves to shoot. We headed out to try and light some matches with the newest addition to the airgun stable (FWB300S). We failed! ha ha ha. I need to try some strike anywhere matches.

Anyway, after shooting the match heads off 20 feet, I adjusted the scope and took a few shots at the steel set up out at 47 yards. It was hitting close and I asked if he wanted to take some shots. Of course he says YES! So we ran out there and slapped a target sticker on the metal and went back and he got behind the wheel of the rifle and gave it a whirl. Here are his 5 shots.... Pretty good I would say, way to go Nate!

March 20th, 2017, 3:58 am #2

7 year old out at 47 yards...WOW!

Nate, Buddy...I'm Impressed!

WOW!

March 20th, 2017, 4:14 am #3

This is Nate. He is my 7 year old son. He is second youngest out of 8 (5 boy, 3 girls). He is all boy and loves to shoot. We headed out to try and light some matches with the newest addition to the airgun stable (FWB300S). We failed! ha ha ha. I need to try some strike anywhere matches.

Anyway, after shooting the match heads off 20 feet, I adjusted the scope and took a few shots at the steel set up out at 47 yards. It was hitting close and I asked if he wanted to take some shots. Of course he says YES! So we ran out there and slapped a target sticker on the metal and went back and he got behind the wheel of the rifle and gave it a whirl. Here are his 5 shots.... Pretty good I would say, way to go Nate!

let him shoot more, he is no doubt a future shooting champion.
Wow just wow.

Congrats

Charlie Frear, Georgia Airguns

March 20th, 2017, 4:37 am #4

alone shoot it"Man wait until he gets a hold of a tank"

March 20th, 2017, 4:00 pm #5

started out at formally by Dad. Big Brother always pumped the 760 for me and let me take shots before that; but Dad started the serious training at 7. Keep it up and that young Man may see a full Scholarship at a School with a Shooting Team.
Now, tell me he did that off hand & I'll believe I'm viewing a future Olympic hopeful! It's GREAT shooting no matter what and I know he was rested and it doesn't fit him. Makes me wonder what a junior model suited to fit him would allow him to do. Great Parenting Sir. I really commend you. Teaching of all types forms bonds. Great post, thank you for sharing.

March 20th, 2017, 6:24 pm #6

Excellent shooting for the little guy, and great going for the dad!

Building memories that will never be forgotten!

March 20th, 2017, 7:49 pm #7

Way to go Nate! he's shooting better than me..LOL....n/t

March 21st, 2017, 1:44 am #8

She is only slightly impressed. But I can tell it registered. Helps that it's a boy, because of course she knows she can do better.

Hell, I couldn't do that reliably. Excellent shooting, and a nice rig to start on!

March 21st, 2017, 3:12 am #9

showed my wife man ya need to save that picture for a safe keeping.

March 21st, 2017, 12:39 pm #10

Pleasexllet me know. It's been impossible for me. Not sure if the company even makes them anymore or just doesn't ship them anywhere due to licenses and taxes needed to do so. Jamesdingle18@yahoo