60 days to first DIFTA shoot

60 days to first DIFTA shoot

-bp

February 15th, 2011, 5:19 pm #1

but who's counting?

nced, i'll bring your pellets

i'll probably get there about 3 AM just to be sure i get a good parking spot.

-bp

February 15th, 2011, 5:30 pm #2

I'm trying to get fired up on where I want to Travel to shoot this year. I'm certain I want to go to Tenn to the Nationals in Oct. Never been to a Cajun event so I'm thunking hard about that one. The big Crosman NE Championship is a no brainer because just under 1200 miles round trip (Real Close...LOL!) so I'll be headed out there in July. Would also like to attend that new Redneck shoot in Tenn but I'm not sure I can afford to go to four big ones and all I need is 3 to qualify for the GP.

February 15th, 2011, 7:57 pm #3

Should you decide to attend the Baton Rouge event, and IF you want someone to ride along for part of the trip, drop me a line.

Un Abrazo!

H�ctor

-bp

February 15th, 2011, 9:07 pm #4

hi hector, bill - so many eastern shooters live approximately along the I-81 or I-95 corridors that it really seems to lend itself to carpooling--especially for those with big vehicles.

it would be good for us to plan on some rideshares, certainly picking up the gas and other expenses for those with the vehicles, and whatever else makes it fair.

if i can't come up with a reliable vehicle, i'll come up with some expense money.

-bp

February 15th, 2011, 10:14 pm #5

but who's counting?

nced, i'll bring your pellets

i'll probably get there about 3 AM just to be sure i get a good parking spot.

-bp
concerning the use of "buckets and sticks" in the regular piston class. Here is a partial cut & paste of the reply I received.....

"If you fire in the piston class, you do not need to use the harness many of them use to keep their arms and legs 'tied together' and could fire from a sitting position without any other support for the rifle other than you holding it. However, the shooting harness does keep the arms and legs locked together which gives a steadier position. In the piston class, you could sit on the ground, use a bum bag, or one of the web seats that lifts your buttocks no more than 6" off the ground."

Perhaps it's time to lighten up the "official rules" so folks that don't wanna/can't "pretzel sit" on the ground aren't forced into the hunter class. LOL......PCPs and piston guns ARE allowed to compete together in hunter class, but "buckets & sticks" aren't allowed in the piston class. LOL!

Now I'm wonderin' if I could just pay my $10 entrance fee at DIFTA and shoot piston class usin' "buckets & sticks" just for FUN (no award certificates etc.)? If not I'll just plod along in the hunter class with my springer knowing that there isn't a "snowballs' chance in Hell" bla bla bla if a good shooter shows up with a good "hunter class PCP"!

Yep....I know.....rule change talk around here ain't taken too kindly by some since it's been beat to death lately......even if the current rules make no practical sense!

-bp

February 15th, 2011, 10:33 pm #6

your point is well taken. what you need is to strap your bucket to your kiester and wear a pair of my pants over it, then dare anyone to make you 'drop-em'

so long as you're not shooting for score, i doubt any difta md would mind, but a rule change would be nice.

i think rule changes only happen once a year, and (i think) that time has passed for 2011. i'm not sure, but that's what i think

if that's the case, maybe we can lobby for it until the next revision comes around. i believe i heard rumblings that there will be a hunter FT rules discussion meeting at the nats this year. they'll probably make us leave our guns in the car.

-bp

-bp

February 15th, 2011, 10:33 pm #7

concerning the use of "buckets and sticks" in the regular piston class. Here is a partial cut & paste of the reply I received.....

"If you fire in the piston class, you do not need to use the harness many of them use to keep their arms and legs 'tied together' and could fire from a sitting position without any other support for the rifle other than you holding it. However, the shooting harness does keep the arms and legs locked together which gives a steadier position. In the piston class, you could sit on the ground, use a bum bag, or one of the web seats that lifts your buttocks no more than 6" off the ground."

Perhaps it's time to lighten up the "official rules" so folks that don't wanna/can't "pretzel sit" on the ground aren't forced into the hunter class. LOL......PCPs and piston guns ARE allowed to compete together in hunter class, but "buckets & sticks" aren't allowed in the piston class. LOL!

Now I'm wonderin' if I could just pay my $10 entrance fee at DIFTA and shoot piston class usin' "buckets & sticks" just for FUN (no award certificates etc.)? If not I'll just plod along in the hunter class with my springer knowing that there isn't a "snowballs' chance in Hell" bla bla bla if a good shooter shows up with a good "hunter class PCP"!

Yep....I know.....rule change talk around here ain't taken too kindly by some since it's been beat to death lately......even if the current rules make no practical sense!
dupe
Last edited by -bp on February 15th, 2011, 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

February 15th, 2011, 10:42 pm #8

Not allowing you to shoot with them as long as your score doesn't count and don't you rob someone of a award. However, they can't take bragging rights away from you (Not that you brag) Besides you can stay in the hunter class use your springer and compare it to how they did.

February 15th, 2011, 10:46 pm #9

your point is well taken. what you need is to strap your bucket to your kiester and wear a pair of my pants over it, then dare anyone to make you 'drop-em'

so long as you're not shooting for score, i doubt any difta md would mind, but a rule change would be nice.

i think rule changes only happen once a year, and (i think) that time has passed for 2011. i'm not sure, but that's what i think

if that's the case, maybe we can lobby for it until the next revision comes around. i believe i heard rumblings that there will be a hunter FT rules discussion meeting at the nats this year. they'll probably make us leave our guns in the car.

-bp
for change so we could have some imput. However, I don't see much evidence they want to anyway!
Last edited by dayjd on February 16th, 2011, 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

-bp

February 15th, 2011, 10:47 pm #10

Not allowing you to shoot with them as long as your score doesn't count and don't you rob someone of a award. However, they can't take bragging rights away from you (Not that you brag) Besides you can stay in the hunter class use your springer and compare it to how they did.
...i stand a better chance of scoring near the top of hunter class.

maybe we can get him a transparent bucket and they'll think he's levitating.

-bp

(saaaay--would levitating be allowed?)