50 yard groups

50 yard groups

December 19th, 2008, 5:39 pm #1

I have a few questions for the guys that say they can shoot a sub 1" group at 50 yards with the Benjamin Discovery.

Is your rifle "stock" form?
What caliber?
What pellet?
What kind of rest? ( pictures of set up would be nice )
Can you shoot a sub 1" group at 50 yards consistantly all day long?

Thanks a lot for any replies!

December 19th, 2008, 8:20 pm #2

With a jsb 14.3 or same weight CPHP will rag hole in the hands of some shooters, myself with a tripod sitting in the back of my jeep can shoot 1" groups all day .22 cal .It also gose right through grey squirrels at 200+ft accuracy and power = fun

December 19th, 2008, 9:01 pm #3

Is it doable with one that is completely stock, straight from the box, with no tune?

December 19th, 2008, 9:14 pm #4

I have a few questions for the guys that say they can shoot a sub 1" group at 50 yards with the Benjamin Discovery.

What caliber?
What pellet?

Its close to 1" @ 50 yards. However I have never shot it off the bench only from FT position.

.177 Disco
tuned to sub 12 ft-lb
trigger tune
cpl's @ 795 fps
homemade stock-work in progress

The large ring of the bullseye is 1.5" dia. I think.

Jeff P

December 19th, 2008, 11:07 pm #5

What caliber?
What pellet?

..but did need to home-tune mine a bit as it had a case of "wandering zero". Used a second barrel band, LDC, two-screw trigger mod,and a power adjuster. With just the barrel stabilized (however you care to do that...and some rifles don't seem to have a wandering zero problem) and the horrible trigger fixed (and again...not all triggers are horrible out of the box), would shoot the same.

Nope..can't shoot all day long...the wind is likely to kick up unexpectedly, change directions, or die off right in the middle of a trigger pull. So long as wind/light conditions stay stable, I don't do an "oops", and I keep the rifle at the right point in the power curve, it will shoot about this well.

Caliber is .22. pellets in these pixs. are the cheap Discovery/Crosman HP's.

[/IMG]

(yeah...this is just over 1", but it's for 10 shots...was on a roll and didn't want to stop)

[/IMG]

Rest is a home built portable...I have to back-pack into my favorite range...made from scrap lumber and two neck braces liberated from an ER spine board. Can't find a photo of the discovery on the portable rest...so just ingnore the rifle on the rest.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
Last edited by gubb33ps on December 19th, 2008, 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

December 20th, 2008, 3:04 am #6

the only mod I have done is the 3 screw trigger mod and a extra barrel band I use a center point 4-16x40 scope and it's shooting on average 830fps I fill to 2100psi and shoot down to 800psi.the poi changes as I shoot,I start 2 mil-dots up from the crosshairs and adjust down as the presure falls.
Last edited by spark22 on December 30th, 2008, 1:52 am, edited 1 time in total.