.25 thunder - pcp prototype. ...... help , please ?

.25 thunder - pcp prototype. ...... help , please ?

March 16th, 2012, 4:46 am #1

this is a lathe turned .25 trail xl barrel (done by troy in GA). it fits snugly into the disco barrel bands. cometa 400 compact "pickle" works great. built on a 2250xt base. my question is : how much hpa pressure do you think that feeder tube, or co2 channel that takes the pressure around to the front, can handle ? steel allen screws go into the steel plug in the back, but the front screw threads into the brass valve. goes in about 1/2". this tank is reg'd for a refilling the disco - 2000 psi output. i'm dying to try some shots, but i am enough health problems lately. take a look and please leave some feedback if you have insight or experience. - paul d self. http://raneair.webs.com . . . . . thanks for your help.

March 16th, 2012, 3:15 pm #2

and goin by the fact the pressure is resting on the valve at some point, id go no where over 1080psi, we would need to see this contraption(rear portion opened up) and know what materials were involved. Maybe someone else will be more familiar with that hpa rig

<span style="font-family:Verdana;font-size:14px;font-style:italic;font-weight:bold;text-decoration:underline;text-transform:none;color:#000000;">"i never was much for book learnin"</span>

March 16th, 2012, 4:45 pm #3

this is a lathe turned .25 trail xl barrel (done by troy in GA). it fits snugly into the disco barrel bands. cometa 400 compact "pickle" works great. built on a 2250xt base. my question is : how much hpa pressure do you think that feeder tube, or co2 channel that takes the pressure around to the front, can handle ? steel allen screws go into the steel plug in the back, but the front screw threads into the brass valve. goes in about 1/2". this tank is reg'd for a refilling the disco - 2000 psi output. i'm dying to try some shots, but i am enough health problems lately. take a look and please leave some feedback if you have insight or experience. - paul d self. http://raneair.webs.com . . . . . thanks for your help.
Hey Paul,

I've built several rigs similar to yours. I found that using a Crosmods adapter and PFTE o rings in the air trans tube will withstand 2600 psi. I did not dare to go higher but I'll bet you could do 3000 psi.

March 17th, 2012, 12:48 am #4

I am sure they build in some safety factor on their tubing and what not when designing those co2 guns, however I would think they no more than doubled the max pressure of C02. Also remember that pressure tubing has a max pressure and a max working pressure. Exceeding the max working pressure will eventually work harden the steel and cause a rupture.
I would stay on the safe side and not go higher than 1250 psi. I had a QB I had converted over to HPA by Mountain Air in .25 caliber. I was running 1200 psi and getting 750fps with 21 grain diana pellets. Never had a problem with it.

March 19th, 2012, 10:15 am #5

those are good numbers for kodiaks. i have a qb79 rigged my r.i.m. to use 9oz co2 tanks. it only gets around 730 fps w/ 14.3's in the heat - but it's fun to shoot.

March 31st, 2012, 9:56 pm #6

Paul my old friend I told you would gravitate to PCP or HPA. Health problems do help to push us that way. Not ashamed to admit I take the elevator before the stairs. enjoying my new found rifles.Carbine looks great I wouldn't push it.