.25 Marauder. Put in 3 #211 O-rings, now what?

.25 Marauder. Put in 3 #211 O-rings, now what?

August 28th, 2012, 11:55 pm #1

I can only get the 25gr CHP's up to max 825 fps. That's about 35 fpe. Or...is this it, and I need to go to the 10lb spring????

If anyone has added the "Poor Man's Regulator" to their Mrods with the three #211 O-rings, can you tip me as to the number of turns out, from full counter-clockwise, for the Pretension adjustment, and the "Throw" adjustment?

I have a feeling I'm not where I need to be. If you have gotten higher fps, can you give me a starting point?

Thanks.

Hepotter

August 29th, 2012, 3:12 am #2

All guns are different and the same settings may yeild very different results. You really need to approach it methodically and records everything.

If you post your settings and a complete shot string at those settings, I can help you figure out what to do next.

Be sure your velocity screw is 4 - 4.5 turns CCW (fully open)....be sure to remove the set screw on top of the velocity first!

Stroke setting will be somewhere over 4 turns CW, but if you go to far on this setting, the o-rings will eventually not do anything and it will go back to working like a stroke adjustment.

A 10# spring would probably be a good idea, I've never tried to tune a .25 without one. The spring tension determines where your sweet spot will be, so if your peak is happening too low of a pressure in your shot string, you need more spring.

August 30th, 2012, 2:59 am #3

Would you suggest a 10 pound spring in a 22 cal Marauder? It has your o-ring mod.

August 30th, 2012, 4:30 am #4

I even have one on my .177. As long as you can get your sweet spot where you want it with the stock spring you don't need it, but if you're already near to maxing out your spring tension, it's a good upgrade and will probably last longer without fatiguing the spring.