2240 CO2 capsule

2240 CO2 capsule

May 20th, 2013, 12:23 am #1

I had a CO2 capsule get stuck in my stock 2240. Any Idea on how to prevent this because it required a strip down to get it out. looked like the puncture pin was stuck in the capsule or the small seal. Also dropped the transfer port in the shop had to order a replacement because it went to never never land.. looked for better part of an hour then got a magnet and still did not find it. Having a crappy day with it ..I put it back together so nothing else gets lost til a new part gets here.

May 20th, 2013, 12:59 am #2

or a drop of 30W non-detergent oil or even a drop of tranny fluid, it might help when you put a new one in. if the pin is stuck in the cart, your tightening the cap too tight. that little cream looking seal on the valve will seal to the cart head but tightening the cap too much will put too much pressure and squeeze it causing the pin to get stuck.
if the cart is stuck in the tube, point the gun down with the cap off and try dry firing the gun, it should help to loosen the cart.
as for the TP. go to the harwware store , find some 1/4" icemaker tube, cut a piece to fit in the hole with out the Oring and dont worry about that metal TP ever again.

Buster
\\\ X ////
one step closer to the ultimate goal

May 20th, 2013, 2:13 pm #3

I had used a drop of oil on the capsule but there was a longer time between use of the gun and there was printing on the side of the capsule that felt sticky when i got the darn thing out. I assume fault but when i get it on line again I will not leave a capsule in over several months. Thanks for the info I'm going to get a pc of ice maker tube and try it.