.22 Supreme barrel still smoky after 200 shots?

.22 Supreme barrel still smoky after 200 shots?

July 31st, 2006, 4:33 am #1

As a couple of you know, I received my Shadow Supreme on Friday. beautiful, nice solid feeling gun. Little issue with the scope that came with it, but I am very pleased with it.

Anyway, I've got about 125 shots through it now, using the only thing locally available (Daisy Max precision flat-nose), until a trip to Evansville, IN. today to a Dick's sporting goods. All I could find there was some Copperhead hunting .22 cal. I got those (only 175 for 2.99).

Anyway, after firing about 200 of the Daisy, I'm still seeing a puff of gray smoke from the barrel as it fires, and if I blow lightly through the barrel I get a pretty sizeable puff of smoke (gray also). I can't see light through it after most shots.

I'm not getting a 'bang' or anything , just the BAM noise when it fires.

How much longer should I expect to see this upon firing and in the barrel afterwards?

Just wondering.

thanks!
Last edited by DirtyApe on July 31st, 2006, 5:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

July 31st, 2006, 12:10 pm #2

that removes a lot of the excell lube then shooting removes the rest. If not you may go 500 rds getting a little bit of smoke. As long as its not deasloing I doubt the smokew will hurt it anyways.

Pennsylvania Pistolero
God, I hate NJ!!!!!!!!!
I like Iron Sights!
I hate Venomous Reptiles!
CFX - Accurate, powerful, and fun.
Wood & Metal 760's are a blast to play with!
Crosman 600's are a BLAST!

July 31st, 2006, 2:06 pm #3

Yes cleaned the barrel pretty well. Even the first shot (which was in my basement) didn't BANG. So I guess I did a pretty good job on it. Seems to be shooting hard and all, I guess it doesn't take much oil at all to make a lot of smoke.

I'll hit 250 shots with it this evening, then I have some Copperhead hunting .22 semi-pointed pellets for it. They look a bit better made than the Daisy, maybe 1 grain heaver, although I know that's not much.

thanks

July 31st, 2006, 2:40 pm #4

As a couple of you know, I received my Shadow Supreme on Friday. beautiful, nice solid feeling gun. Little issue with the scope that came with it, but I am very pleased with it.

Anyway, I've got about 125 shots through it now, using the only thing locally available (Daisy Max precision flat-nose), until a trip to Evansville, IN. today to a Dick's sporting goods. All I could find there was some Copperhead hunting .22 cal. I got those (only 175 for 2.99).

Anyway, after firing about 200 of the Daisy, I'm still seeing a puff of gray smoke from the barrel as it fires, and if I blow lightly through the barrel I get a pretty sizeable puff of smoke (gray also). I can't see light through it after most shots.

How much longer should I expect to see this upon firing and in the barrel afterwards?

Just wondering.

thanks!
DirtyApe, I am from the Dale area about 45 miles from Evansville. If you are looking for .22 pellets my friend John and I had our local gun shop order some Beeman pellets for stock. We have been using the Crow Mags in .177 and .22. They also had some RWS pellets on hand and they can get Gamo. Just thought I would pass this on.

July 31st, 2006, 2:43 pm #5

Just wondering.

thanks!
wadcutters are very light. Get some Kodiaks or Crowmagnums and shoot them until the mainseal parachutes and seals.

August 1st, 2006, 9:35 pm #6

Just wondering.

thanks!
even after 1000's of rounds of different pellets, when i shoot a daisy, it still smokes, i think its cool and adds a nice effect, like shooting a powder burner, but pellets, lol, and nothing is wrong with, my theory is that is it is just due to the excess lead dust on the pellets reacting with the lubes.

If at first you don't succeed....RELOAD

checkyourfly1114@msn.com

My Slingshot Forum
http://www.network54.com/Forum/503985/

August 2nd, 2006, 12:21 am #7

A very nice gentleman is sending me some heavier ones to try to get it through the break-in stage.. Holding off shooting it any more until I get them.

Those 250 were the first pellets through it. I put about 10 Copperhead .22 hunting pellets through it the other evening but they are the same weight I believe.

August 2nd, 2006, 2:14 am #8

If yer out of heavey pellets put two of the lite ones in and shoot it that way, it works if it a oil problem it should clear out in 20 or so shots.

The harder you load the compression chamber the quicker it will stop banging and smoking.
Last edited by peterdragin on August 2nd, 2006, 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

August 2nd, 2006, 5:58 pm #9

A very nice gentleman is sending me some heavier ones to try to get it through the break-in stage.. Holding off shooting it any more until I get them.

Those 250 were the first pellets through it. I put about 10 Copperhead .22 hunting pellets through it the other evening but they are the same weight I believe.
in this caliber as well as 177. I also like the Gamo target Wadcutters.

Pennsylvania Pistolero
I love Iron Sights.
Kill all Venomious Reptiles.
CR600's are "Way Cool".
And like Lays you can't have just one!
I'm not sure how this happened, But I OWN a Gamo CFX Air-Rifle now! How about that!